+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Audioworks Revive Mains cables

Default Audioworks Revive Mains cables

Ah yes - foo stuff.
    Had the original audioworks recoil + mains block powering my stuff but upgraded about 3 weeks back after a decent home trial.
    Now have a 3m cable to the new block which has an iec socket rather than a captive lead. From this are 3 other revive leads to the hardware. These new cables have a mesh shroud over a double run of the original cable plus a few other changes I'm told. The terminations are Furutech rhodium plated 3 pin and very fancy iec at the hardware end.

The bottom line is a substantial increase in image depth, ambience and drive into the system. It sounded good before but it seems like it's been turbocharged. .

One thing surprised me - I use a Vertex Jaya which was plugged ito the adjacent wall socket after experimentation with the old power cables. With the new cables everything sounded a bit plummy with a narrowing of the soundstage and a lack of air around brushed cymbals and the like. I thought at first it was the new cables and was going to have second thoughts. Then I moved the filter to the block instead and - hey - everything opened up again with the advantages that the new cables bring well in evidence.

Why I know not but that's how it is. Foo sceptics need not comment.
    Last edited by monya; 13-03-2010 at 17:54.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Please introduce yourself before the forum police get ya!!!

Mark Grant makes really excellent top end mains leads too for around £50 each. Marco here tells us that they beat his £750 "Transparent Audio " ones.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm ChrisB.

............and while you're at it, put yer willie away.............no-one wants to see that!

..........especially not on the first date, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    ............and while you're at it, put yer willie away.............no-one wants to see that!

..........especially not on the first date, eh?
    Sorry - you've lost me already.
    I've discovered the error of my ways. Humblest apologies to all readers. Will keep my gob shut for a while.
    Last edited by monya; 13-03-2010 at 17:31. Reason: eating humble pie

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Please introduce yourself before the forum police get ya!!!

Mark Grant makes really excellent top end mains leads too for around £50 each. Marco here tells us that they beat his £750 "Transparent Audio " ones.....
    Yes, so I've read on another thread.

No don't keep your gob shut. Both Marco and I are big fans of the Music Works Reflex block. I've been using one for a couple of years and intend to get it upgraded to IEC Plus spec soon. Marco intends to buy one.

As for the leads it would be interesting to see if they better the Mark Grant ones that replace Recoil leads in my system.

On the subject of foo this is a subjectivist forum and this section is dedicated to discussing ancilliaries. The use of the word 'foo' as a derogatory term is a bannable offence

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by monya View Post
    Foo sceptics need not comment.
    No worries : AoS forums is not a battlefield used for ridiculing others, it's against our ethos.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Cheers for that - good to not have the feeling of walking on glass.!!
    Must try the Mark Grants sometime. If they're better, in my system (big qualifier here) I'll be eating humble pie forever. At the moment though, I'm well happy.

I'm Chris.

In my experience, rhodium plating does funny things to the mains. A huge soundstage was the most obvious manifestation I found. I settled for gold in the end but I will try the rhodium again one day.

It wouldn't be a fair fight against the MGs unless they were also equipped with rhodium plated plugs.
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm Neil.

Hi Monya

This isn't ZG...you are safe here

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast