+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 259

Thread: How many folk now use streaming and have sold all their other audio equipment?

  1. #21
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Birmingham

    Posts: 3,932
    I'm James.

    Default

    If you can't tell he difference between vinyl or streaming then maybe it's time to retire your vinyl and just steam? Streaming can be free and give you almost every album you could wish for.

  2. #22
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: Brighton, UK.

    Posts: 488
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    If you can't tell he difference between vinyl or streaming then maybe it's time to retire your vinyl and just steam? Streaming can be free and give you almost every album you could wish for.
    I said sometimes, I've only had my streamer a few days! I asked was there a consensus opinion as may'be my vinyl set up isn't fully optimised, let alone my streaming set up. Been doing a lot of box swapping lately, and only just getting around to properly setting everything up. Anyway currently loving the streaming thing as like you said every LP at the your fingertips.
    Current system. TT - NAS Interspace, Jelco 750, /Ortofon Blue - Nakamichi CA-5 (as phono stage). Streaming - Pioneer N-50K. CD Player - Pioneer PD 8700. Naim Nait 5 - Ruark Talisman II.

  3. #23
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Forest of Dean, Glos

    Posts: 10,191
    I'm Jerry.

    Default

    You want a consensus on a hifi forum?

    Jerry

    Qobuz 16/44 streaming, Topping D30 DAC with lpsu, Herron VTSP-2 valve preamp, Trigon TRE 50M monoblocks, MBL 116F speakers.

    Cables: Wireworld Starlight USB, Ixos Ixotica i/c, W&M speaker cables, Belden 19364 mains cables

    Headphones: Fostex TH600, Audeze EL-8, Wharfedale Isodynamic, Philips Fidelio X2
    Headphone amp: Rotel RX-603

  4. #24
    Join Date: Feb 2011

    Location: Wales

    Posts: 7,077
    I'm Tim.

    Default

    Why would you get rid of anything if you are serious about music and your collection (unless you don't want to play records anymore), it's an addition not a replacement IMO.

    And what do you actually mean by 'streaming' as many people don't actually know what it means?
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

  5. #25
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: Brighton, UK.

    Posts: 488
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Why would you get rid of anything if you are serious about music and your collection (unless you don't want to play records anymore), it's an addition not a replacement IMO.

    And what do you actually mean by 'streaming' as many people don't actually know what it means?
    Plenty of people are getting rid of equipment because of streaming, whether its on saved files, or live from streaming sites. Even those 'serious' about music and their collections, which can now be stored digitally, no need to hold onto physical objects anymore!
    Current system. TT - NAS Interspace, Jelco 750, /Ortofon Blue - Nakamichi CA-5 (as phono stage). Streaming - Pioneer N-50K. CD Player - Pioneer PD 8700. Naim Nait 5 - Ruark Talisman II.

  6. #26
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 36,895
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Plenty of people are getting rid of equipment because of streaming
    Ah good. That will mean more 'proper' Hi-Fi gear available for the rest of us!

  7. #27
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Birmingham

    Posts: 3,932
    I'm James.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ah good. That will mean more 'proper' Hi-Fi gear available for the rest of us!

  8. #28
    Join Date: Feb 2011

    Location: Wales

    Posts: 7,077
    I'm Tim.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Plenty of people are getting rid of equipment because of streaming
    That's possible of course, but are they hard core music fans or just people who consider music a hobby?

    I don't have a CD player and haven't had for years, but I still have all my CDs and records, just bought a turntable too. Still not quite sure what your point is though, but hey ho - I'm off to play some toons

    Oooo, post number 7,000
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

  9. #29
    Join Date: May 2012

    Location: Dagenham Essex

    Posts: 8,120
    I'm I'mteachingmarcotheartofpishanto.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ah good. That will mean more 'proper' Hi-Fi gear available for the rest of us!
    +1
    Music , fills the gaps between silence !

    TAT Sale post Leader " Marcos Mentor "

    Also a pishanto specialist confirmed by Head Daftee

    Real name " Allen " or "Zoomer Nut”, “Numpty Napper”.

    ±± KEEP IT REEL

  10. #30
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: Brighton, UK.

    Posts: 488
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    That's possible of course, but are they hard core music fans or just people who consider music a hobby?

    I don't have a CD player and haven't had for years, but I still have all my CDs and records, just bought a turntable too. Still not quite sure what your point is though, but hey ho - I'm off to play some toons

    Oooo, post number 7,000
    Many audiophiles are into streaming. It takes up a large percentage of many of their listening. I'm completely new to it. Was more asking a question than making a point. And that question is about consensus on hifi quality across all the major formats. I've had my streamer a few days and I'm listening to all sorts, I want the best I can get out of it.
    Current system. TT - NAS Interspace, Jelco 750, /Ortofon Blue - Nakamichi CA-5 (as phono stage). Streaming - Pioneer N-50K. CD Player - Pioneer PD 8700. Naim Nait 5 - Ruark Talisman II.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •