+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spendor S6e speakers

I'm Tony.

Default Spendor S6e speakers

Just arrived a really high quality pair of Spendor S6e's in the lighter wood finish, with original boxes and spikes. A great two way speaker that delivers a quality sound for sensible outlay. One owner from new smoke, child and pet free environment. New cost £1600

Asking £625ono

Contact Information

Review One

Review two

Last edited by Mr. C; 10-03-2018 at 19:22.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Tony.

Now £550
    Coherent Systems

I'm Tony.

The summer madness continues now £495
    Coherent Systems

I'm Tony.

Now £475
    Coherent Systems

I'm Tony.

Need some space £450 to clear
    Coherent Systems

I'm Tony.

Last reduction to clear £395
    Coherent Systems

I'm Tony.

Last price reduction here £350 to clear with boxes.
    Coherent Systems

Bigman80 Guest

Can't be many folks who's system can't be improved with these. £350 is ridiculous.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

They're FUGGIN' GOOD SPEAKERS!!!!!!

The E model tightened the slight warmth of the previous ones no end and the cabs in all of these were incredibly rigid and well finished, the rear 'port/slight labyrinth?' is slot loaded and never an issue. These E's could go closer to a back wall without boom (the previous model never boomed either to be fair) and we sold many 6's and 8's in their time and with all manner of partnering gear. The weakest of this generation was the original '9' and the '5' the 9 having a slight 'squeak' sometimes which the 9e got rid of and the smaller 5 had a really odd bass to mid balance very room dependant. The beech finish was elegant I recall.

Sound is well integrated and I think they're a kindly enough amp loading, no obvious colouration and needing a slightly 'HiFi' speaker cable just to enliven the sound just a little (Chord Odyssey was our choice back then). Bi-amping enlarged the sound a little as well. They're NOT a 'HiFi DEEEEEEETAIL!' kind of speaker as Dyn-Audios can be for example, but they let the music speak to you naturally for hours on end and without stress of any kind. A reasonably powerful amp is always a good bet here.

Feck, had I the spare dosh I'd bite this chap's hand off. A £300 car bill plus a probable windscreen excess prevents me even considering them!

They've got proper boxes too it seems. Come on chaps, you lot are always after an effin' bargain!!!!!!!!! They're NOT a plump, ripe-toned BC1 wannabe slush box - that was designed out as soon as Phil Swift took the company over and before the model was launched - the prototypes had front mounted ports I remember and were rejected by us, where the final 6's and 8's were embraced and became trusted good sellers for the dealership i was at for a few years.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Grant.

yup, very decent value. good speakers.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast