Hi, I have a reasonably large collection of 78's and older mono LP's that I hardly listen to because, having room only for a single tonearm/turntable, I need to change cartridges and adjust the arm each time I want to hear them. I'm ideally looking for a simple solution to allow me to play all three with minimal set-up each time I change and wondered whether anyone has used SPU's for this purpose? I know that I will need to alter tracking force each time but assume (perhaps naively) that everything else on the turntable/arm should remain unchanged? The turntable will be a Garrard 401, arm will be a Fidelity Research FR64fx. I have a SUT that can be switched between 20dB, 26dB, 32dB gain so I think it will work with most SPU's including the mono ones with their higher output. Is there anything I've missed? What do people think, am I mad or will this work? Are there any other cartridge ranges that would allow me to do this at a reasonable cost, i.e. around the cost of the SPU's? I should say that I've deliberately ignored which SPU to choose for stereo (the mono and 78 ones are essentially self selecting) and also the need for adjustable equalisation - I have a Jazz Club but might try a Rek-O-Kut equaliser in a tape loop instead. Many thanks for your help and comments.

David Whistance