+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Denon DL103 Aluminum Body Caps

I'm Tom.

Petrat brought one of these down to me with a DL-103 in it for a bit of a play and I must say I thought it did a great job of delivering more focus, without having to go to the lengths of physical surgery on a delicate cartridge. A no-brainer for Denon fans I would say.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers with Tannoy ST50 supertweeters; Amp - Silvercore 833C monoblocks; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 9 inch and Ikeda IT-407 12 inch tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Miyajima Takumi, Ikeda 9TT, vintage Ortofon SPU GE; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Miyajima/Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912 + Miyajima ETR-Mono SUT; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Sony TA-F3000ES; Digital: CDP Sony CDP-X3000ES & Arcam rBlink; Vinyl: Technics SL10 with Pickering TL-3.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Petrat brought one of these down to me with a DL-103 in it for a bit of a play and I must say I thought it did a great job of delivering more focus, without having to go to the lengths of physical surgery on a delicate cartridge. A no-brainer for Denon fans I would say.
    +1 totally agree
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Garrard 401 with upgraded NWA bearing spindle, Russ Collinson 'shindo style' plinth / Tenuto gun metal mat / Townshend feet / SME-3012 j7 rewired / audio-technica ATP-12T - phonomac modified / STEREO: Jan Allaerts MC1 Boron/Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master with isolator / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / David Coe AD Audio 'Satchmo' pre & phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / Carver MCt SUT (Jensen winding) / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 signature / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC custom crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

'when years of work on perfecting tone and technique suddenly drop away and a direct channel opens up between the musicianís brain and his or her fingers'

I'm Peter.

Anyone interested in trying this, please PM me, and I'll post it on to you.

As others have said, it is a useful upgrade ... the effect isn't subtle.

I'm Joe.

Petrat, I'll have this after you. I'll send you my address in the morning.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Petrat, I'll have this after you. I'll send you my address in the morning.
    OK, Joe .

I'm Joe.

Cheers, looking forward to having a listen with this fitted.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by guero View Post
    Having just bought a Denon DL103 from AoS I would be keen to demo the cap. Of course I will pay postage of forward transmission and provide a write up on my findings. Since I am not a Senior Member I was hoping you might make an exception in my case
    This has now been posted to guero (Chris). If I wasnt in the mood for changing the 103 for an SPU then I would have brought the cap myself, I plan to keep the 103 as a back up for the future
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / EAR 834P modified / Denon DL 103. Vinyl rig 2 - Lenco GL75 c/w original arm and Shure M75ED MM cart / trichord Diablo with NCPSU. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Mac Mini / Lampizator Atlantic Plus tube rectified Dac / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Henley View Post
    This has now been posted to guero (Chris). If I wasnt in the mood for changing the 103 for an SPU then I would have brought the cap myself, I plan to keep the 103 as a back up for the future
    hi Lee, your impressions on it would be welcome as feedback for the developer..
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Garrard 401 with upgraded NWA bearing spindle, Russ Collinson 'shindo style' plinth / Tenuto gun metal mat / Townshend feet / SME-3012 j7 rewired / audio-technica ATP-12T - phonomac modified / STEREO: Jan Allaerts MC1 Boron/Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master with isolator / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / David Coe AD Audio 'Satchmo' pre & phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / Carver MCt SUT (Jensen winding) / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 signature / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC custom crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

'when years of work on perfecting tone and technique suddenly drop away and a direct channel opens up between the musicianís brain and his or her fingers'

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    OK, Joe .
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Cheers, looking forward to having a listen with this fitted.
    So which is it, Joe or "AaronGun"?

Please amend your profile accordingly, to show your REAL first name, as this is mandatory for all members. Cheers!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So which is it, Joe or "AaronGun"?

Please amend your profile accordingly, to show your REAL first name, as this is mandatory for all members. Cheers!

Marco.
    Done. Your name is a mouthful.....they must have used two sheets of A4 for the birth certificate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast