+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Denon DL103 Aluminum Body Caps

I'm Steve.

Default Denon DL103 Aluminum Body Caps

Hello,

I would like to introduce a new aluminum body concept for the Denon DL-103.

https://www.denonaluminumbody.com

The Aluminum Body Cap provides all of the well documented advantages of other aftermarket bodies available: increased bass presence, improved soundstage and imaging, combined with remarkable tone.

However, all other aftermarket bodies require the stock plastic body to be carefully removed from the cartridge, and most rely on the 'nude' cartridge being friction fit in the body with no mechanical connection to the headshell. Some aftermarket bodies require adhesive potting and adding excessive mass.

The Aluminum Body Cap is not a modification: it is an accessory. The Cap is completely removable, transferable, and greatly reduces the risk of damage to the cartridge. The Aluminum Body Cap securely bolts through the stock cartridge body and headshell, providing a firm, mechanical connection.

Free Shipping Discount Code: 9IZPQNJ

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

What is the overall width and length of the body cap?

And what is the cost to buy and import one into the UK?

Thanks
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What is the overall width and length of the body cap?

And what is the cost to buy and import one into the UK?

Thanks
    Barry, The Cap adds roughly 2.6mm to the overall width of the DL103.

You can use the promo code in my post above for free shipping, world-wide.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    Barry, The Cap adds roughly 2.6mm to the overall width of the DL103.

You can use the promo code in my post above for free shipping, world-wide.
    Thanks

So the cost is 120 Canadian dollars?
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Thanks

So the cost is 120 Canadian dollars?
    The price is in US Dollars.
    Last edited by Arrow; 09-03-2018 at 23:54.

I'm James.

anyone tried using one of these?
    VPI Scout 1.1 - Ortofon 2M Black FGS - Croft 25R+ - Croft Series 7 - Spendor SP2

I'm Adam.

Hello,

I would like to introduce a new aluminum body concept for the Denon DL-103.

https://www.denonaluminumbody.com

The Aluminum Body Cap provides all of the well documented advantages of other aftermarket bodies available: increased bass presence, improved soundstage and imaging, combined with remarkable tone.

However, all other aftermarket bodies require the stock plastic body to be carefully removed from the cartridge, and most rely on the 'nude' cartridge being friction fit in the body with no mechanical connection to the headshell. Some aftermarket bodies require adhesive potting and adding excessive mass.

The Aluminum Body Cap is not a modification: it is an accessory. The Cap is completely removable, transferable, and greatly reduces the risk of damage to the cartridge. The Aluminum Body Cap securely bolts through the stock cartridge body and headshell, providing a firm, mechanical connection.

Free Shipping Discount Code: 9IZPQNJ

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Maybe send one over to the AoS family to try out and review??, if it's good those stand up hifi folk in this here Parish, will be beating your door down!, IMHO without direct reference, it will be a gamble and punters maybe reluctant.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Garrard 401 with upgraded NWA bearing spindle, Russ Collinson 'shindo style' plinth / Tenuto gun metal mat / Townshend feet / SME-3012 j7 rewired / audio-technica ATP-12T - phonomac modified / STEREO: Jan Allaerts MC1 Boron/Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master with isolator / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / David Coe AD Audio 'Satchmo' pre & phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / Carver MCt SUT (Jensen winding) / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 signature / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC custom crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

'when years of work on perfecting tone and technique suddenly drop away and a direct channel opens up between the musicianís brain and his or her fingers'

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Maybe send one over to the AoS family to try out and review??, if it's good those stand up hifi folk in this here Parish, will be beating your door down!, IMHO without direct reference, it will be a gamble and punters maybe reluctant.

I'd be happy to send a couple Caps out for review to senior members of this forum.

I'm Adam.

I'd be happy to send a couple Caps out for review to senior members of this forum.
    That sounds a very positive move Steve, I’m sure a few Denon DL 103 users will be along on this thread soon to put their interest forward...
    Similar methods of demo models of equipment being on a rotation list have resulted in good momentum for the products.
    I suppose a list based trial anoung the senior members here will work very well, especially as many members also use other Hifi flora.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Garrard 401 with upgraded NWA bearing spindle, Russ Collinson 'shindo style' plinth / Tenuto gun metal mat / Townshend feet / SME-3012 j7 rewired / audio-technica ATP-12T - phonomac modified / STEREO: Jan Allaerts MC1 Boron/Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master with isolator / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / David Coe AD Audio 'Satchmo' pre & phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / Carver MCt SUT (Jensen winding) / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 signature / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC custom crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

'when years of work on perfecting tone and technique suddenly drop away and a direct channel opens up between the musicianís brain and his or her fingers'

I'm Steve.

Absolutely,

Give me a PM and we will work out the details. I can send a couple out for rotating reviews. Honestly, anyone who puts a Cap on their cart, has a hard time going back to the stock 103...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast