+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Bulgaria

I'm Nikola.

Default Hello from Bulgaria

Hi all,

I have been following AoS for quite some time, one of the few places with civilized,smart and generous people. It is great to have so many music lovers share their experience.

My system just morphed into a Naim Uniti Nova feeding a pair of Suesskind Audio Porgress speakers. I still have quite a few amps, preamps and DACs but since my daughter is 3years old I needed a turnkey solution for the whole family

The Suesskind progress is the star of the show - I am still addicted to speaker building and I have built speakers in almost any configuration but this is a speaker that put an end to the search - 3D, natural tone, transparent as possible, so good looking that my wife said that I should have bought them 10 years ago

I love Pink Floyd, Fritz Reiner, Erik Trufaz, Air, Metallica, Radiohead and Future sound of London, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan(and brothers ) but I am sure there is so much more to be heard, I am happy I have a system that allows us all to listen to almost anything.

Nikola

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Nikola,

Wonderful to hear of your find of speakers that combine domestic harmony with excellent sound quality. If possible some photographs would be welcome, as they are a brand not known to us.

Congratulations too on having a broad range of tastes in music - just what we like to see.

Enjoy the Forum

Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Nikola. Welcome to AOS.

I must admit, I've not heard of Susskind Audio. I'll have to research them.

You'll find there plenty going on here, so feel free to get involved and chat with everybody.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Nikola.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Indeed Suesskind audio is not a household name but the mind behind it sure is, this is the new company of Joachim Gerhard, the guy who started Audio Physic and later Sonics by Joachim Gerhard. The SuesskindAudio site is awful and I have told him a million times he needs to do something about it, the Progress was just given a wonderful review in the Image HIFI magazine which is one of the top publications in Germany yet the Progress does not even have specs on the site... Joachim is an artist, he doesn't focus on details If you look at his site he has several very unusual speakers and some 3 ways as well. He has access to resources that very few people have and is extremely talented.

The Progress for me was a very pleasant surprise as I prefer open baffle(I always hear the box and I hate it), fullrange driver(hear the crossover as well, hate it even more) or active speakers(coils, caps and resistors kill the sound) so it was quite a shock to people who know me to see a three way passive speaker at home. But the drivers are custom made for Joachim with very light cones and extremely powerful Neodymium magnets, he uses the very narrow face(12cm) to move the point of the baffle step out of the critical range and they sound totally coherent and the sound is never attached to the speakers.

People who are used to "coventional" box type speakers find it weird listening to these at first but then they love it. 88dB, min 5Ohms so not so difficult to drive with tubes.

In the picture you see the speakers, the Naim Uniti Nova and a Muse Erato II player(my long time love) and Andrea's professional equipment. Not seen in the picture is a Phasure NOS1a G3 and computer, Muse Power 160 clone, Mark Levinson 360s disassembled to have a new control face and box, a Paradise Phono(considering putting it up for sale), a Kuzma Stabi 12inch pluss a trillion DIY modules for all kinds of DACs. DACs are my second weakness...

I have been visiting AoS for many years, honestly this place is wonderful, thanks for letting me join. I don't have much time but I will do my best to make it a great place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Phil.

welcome nikola

currently have a very beautiful bulgarian amp sitting in my room . you guys make some lovely kit !!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Nikola.

Oh, that is nice. Which one? There are several companies in Bulgaria who work hard to do it right, it's a small country and it is unavoidable to know most people interested in audio

I'm Nikola.

Just an update on my system, should post it in the "System" section as well. The Naim Uniti Nova was replaced by a Resolution Audio Cantata 3.0 and C50.2 amplifier. What an upgrade... Covenience plus fantastic sound and indeed it is quite good.
    Source: Mark Levinson 360s, Muse Erato II, Phasure NOS1a G3, currently Naim Uniti Nova
    Amps:Muse power 160, Suesskind Audio 8300MB mono blocks
    Speakers:Suesskind Audio Progress
    Cables: S.I.N. Audio cable loom

+ Reply to Thread