+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quandary.......

I'm Greg.

Default Quandary.......

So folks some advise sought all opinions welcome ...... I’m an idiot had a wonderful sounding system , the bug bit and then off went the accuphase and harbeths , god I miss them.

Then the dark side bit again, home theatre as the kids really missed our movie nights . I’ve kept paul of the parish's Kd990 which will be moving into my home office for a little cheeky
    2nd system So, my question which turntables , vintage and modern, bias towards vintage, however. never had an idler turntable so garrard et all , they appear to have a cult status .

Some notable names i have been perusing Nottingham analogue , VPI super scoutmaster and old techie SP10 any other's I should be looking at

In terms of perceived system most likely going down the route of valves ie Audo research Ref 5, Sugden Leben ......Harbeths will show in the system.

Ta

G

I'm Geoff.

If you like solidly built vintage turntables, you could do worse than look here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toshiba-S...53.m1438.l2649

The SR-370 is a beautifully made heavyweight classic. I like the understated looks. I own two of these and they sound better than any Garrard 301 or 401 I've owned. Grab one of these while prices are still sensible.

I'm Greg.

Thanks Geoff ill have a look

G

I'm Grant.

you will get plenty ideas... much depends on budget, and remember all the other bits to go with it including cleaning of records which is important
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I and a few others on AOS have used these turntables with Mission 774 arms. It's a bit of a magic combination with a good MC cartridge fitted.

Here's mine, with a ZYX R100 fitted.

I'm Greg.

That looks nice - especially the Cart the ZYX's just make music - may consider a 3rd turntable !

Thanks geoff

G

+ Reply to Thread