+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: LCR phono stages - opinion

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Shit. I quite fancy this project.

Where's the link to buy the PCBs?
    Looks cool .. and he explains it well, even an electronics numpty like me kind of managed to follow ... nice to see Cinemag doing an appropriate inductor, at a number that won't break the bank. This would be an interesting project to follow.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Looks cool .. and he explains it well, even an electronics numpty like me kind of managed to follow ... nice to see Cinemag doing an appropriate inductor, at a number that won't break the bank. This would be an interesting project to follow.
    Yep, I'm looking into it. Biggest problem seems to be that the PCBs are in America which is no problem at all!

I'm Keith.

That's piqued folks interest

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marra View Post
    That's piqued folks interest
    Red-blooded males all eventually want to settle down and build a phono stage.

I'm Mike.

I too own a Art Audio Vinyl One which Ive had upgraded...Its a great phono stage for sure...Ive also tried a VIDA from Guy which I thought was very good too. (I was using both with separate SUT units which can be/was an improvement in my system)

For me the Vinyl One had a bit more body to the sound/3D-ness, the VIDA more detail-possibly more neutral.

Ive also had one of Simon Shilton's LCR phono stages which I really liked, and may have been the best balance overall-having said that I know Tom from Art Audio had a prototype new phono which I believe uses aspects of the Conductor pre amplifier power supply; Ive not tried this in my system but it sounded great in his system.

I think whilst the methodology is interesting TBH its the implementation that separates the good from the average...
    StSt Motus DQ + SME 312 'MB Special'
    Transfix Axia / HM7
    Art Audio Vinyl 1 Ref
    Modified Mac Mini/Weiss DAC 202
    SJS Model 2
    BP P20 (SJS upgraded)
    Trenner and Friedl RA
    [/SIZE]

I'm Ralph.

Pete Millett designs and builds some exceptional stuff. He's a top notch engineer.
    Ralph.

I'm Keith.

Waiting on a quote from Cinemag.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marra View Post
    Waiting on a quote from Cinemag.
    You going for the DIY? I am sorely tempted but I'm going to re-box the Phonostage I'm using and separate the power supply from the main case instead.

I'm Keith.

I am just pricing things up at the moment. Had this book marked for a couple of years but as I have four diy phonostages already I keep asking myself do I really need another; but am curious as to how an LCR version would sound.

I'm Keith.

My error Andrew I stand corrected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast