+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For March!

I'm Huw.

Default Cold but passable

Cold today in London N19 Holloway, no more snow over night. Side roads drivable & walkable, main road open but slow & careful. Some paths gritted on way to our local Tube station even.
    Yesterday going for an Xray at UC Hospital on the Euston Road found the usually busy department almost deserted. No 45 mins wait, a nice surprise.
    Could be worse.
    Due to go to Manchester tomorrow for a meeting, Virgin train seems to be working in that direction.
    So turn the heating up , close the doors and listen to my new (to me) Nic Jones CDs . Oh and catch up with the AOS postings.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hear, hear, Huw..

Now there's a man after my own heart, with a positive outlook on life!

Always count your blessings, not your misfortunes, and strap a SMILE on, not a scowl

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Dave.

Just got back from lunch at a local eatery. The car park is facing the fields and the combination of very strong, icy cold wind and compacted snow in the car park made for a very slithery entrance. I found it difficult to stay upright..

On the way home, it stared to rain or sleet and that froze right away on the windscreen. Not nice out there.

I'm Geoff.

Not much sign of a thaw yet. It's snowing steadily and gone down a degree.

I'm Grant.

not going to start thawing up here til tuesday at earliest
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Blithering idiots... That's sometimes Jim, when you have to make the decision for them, and simply not turn up! No way would I take a car onto the road in some of the conditions being reported here. Ultimately I'd value my safety (or life) more than my job...!

Marco.
    Sense eventually prevailed -Factory shut today. I know a few folk were really scared last night as it is in the middle of nowhere and what should have been a 20 minute journey turned into a 4 hour expedition!

The huge snowdrifts closed the A41 this morning, should have been shut last night. The anxiety and worry driving in this weather, never mind the possibility of having an accident makes the whole experience a nightmare.

I think safety should be paramount but there is always someone who manages to get into work and then smugly wonders why everyone else has not turned up. They usually have a 4X4 and tennis rackets strapped to their feet!

I'm Dave.

We have owned all-wheel-drive cars for many years - since we got stranded at home by deep snow and our Volvos couldn't even get out of the drive. Yes, I know Volvos come from Sweden but they are no good in the snow with normal road tyres. However, even all-wheel-drive cars can get stuck, when cars in front are stranded by the snow..

I'm Ian.

The local children had a massive snowball fight earlier, it was nice to watch then having so much fun and not sulking and staring at a smart phone screen.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/Musical Fidelity X-DAC/Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Amplifier
    Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer
    Cables
    Klotz MC5000+MS Audio/Sommer Carbokab+MS Audio/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 A

I'm Grant.

brother got out in the beamer suv and got my prescription. he said the chemist was open but no pharmisist
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Dave.

Snow has been hammering down for an hour or so, adding another inch on top of the existing layer Can hardly see across the fields.

Looking forward to Sunday which the local weather forecast predicts will be a balmy 4c..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast