+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crap Weather For March!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't eat anything frozen or tinned (except soup very rarely), don't even have a freezer. Happy to admit my plan is based on society not collapsing. When I think of all the contingencies one needs to plan for that is way, way down the list of priorities.

In any case the plan is flawed. Society collapses, you have 3 weeks of food stored, very good. What do you do when that runs out? Go into the woods and live on leaves and berries? Just postponing the inevitable is not a plan.
    Its surprising if you would eat little or nothing tinned or frozen. Even with my fridge box I wouldn't be without my frozen mixed veg or budget fish fingers. They prepare and freeze this veg well and its very tasty.

The tinned soups are getting quite good and I dont mean the ultra cheap cream of tomato which are orrible. I get a nice tomato and basil soup and I bulk it out with something like the mixed veg

I cant be arsed sourcing everything au naturale so a bit of frozen and tinned food is handy.

As to the woods, the Ray Mears life sounds great for five minutes but I really wouldnt have a clue how to survive off the land and it would be miserable. A day is a long time when you cant pig out on the sofa with a computer game
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 09-03-2018 at 03:05. Reason: lazy spelling and typos

+ Reply to Thread