+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Technics 1200 and Rega 301

I'm Graham.

Interesting comments, for this reason I would recommend the 3 point rega arms such as the 202, 303. These are less deep and work well with the soundsupporta arm board

Here is a pic of a 202 on an sl150 using a 1200 armboard redrilled for the older 4 screw technics mount.

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/upl...39f964c291.jpg

I'm Ken.

I looked at the various Aluminium and Plastic boards, I've gone with a custom made Ebony armboard, which will accept my Michell style VTA adjuster.
    The adjuster raises the arm another 1.5mm in its lowest position, but this is accounted for in my board design, its also a larger diameter than the stock Rega threaded post and measures 28.2mm, so a bigger hole is needed.
    Steve at Magna Audio is making it.

That's useful info about the 3 point version being lower for mounting.

I'm Geoff.

For the VTA to be correct, the three point mount arm sits at the same height as the older single hole item, so the armlift remains at an awkward height.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    That's useful info about the 3 point version being lower for mounting.
    Oops, sorry I wasn't very clear, the 202, 303 post does not extend as deep (under the mounting plate), however the nominal height in relation to the mounting plate should be the same though I havent measured it precisely. The advantage of the shorter post is it doesn't foul the base on some shallower decks where space is tight.
    Hope this is clearer

I'm Ken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345