+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Digital and 'stats

I'm Stephen.

Amazingly, the wife prefers the Quads, despite their somewhat imposing size.
    Perhaps I should have looked for some Soundlab Majestics ��
    Current kit :
    Music library (FLAC) on IMac or streamed via Qobuz. Fed wirelessly to Raspberry Pi / Allo Digione and into Lyngdorf digital amplification. This handles room correction and drives a pair of Quad 2905 electrostatics.

I'm Mike.

I think your wife has an audiophile aesthetic, Stephen. Form follows function, although in this case the 2905s really look the business after the Finials, and deliver commensurately, as I think you're finding. Enormously wide soundstage. Doesn't matter where I sit on my 6'6"" sofa, there's little difference in dynamic coverage.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Liffy99 View Post
    Amazingly, the wife prefers the Quads, despite their somewhat imposing size.
    Perhaps I should have looked for some Soundlab Majestics ��
    I have only heard the Soundlabs A1s at a Hi Fi show (at, I think, Swiss Cottage in London) back in the early '80s. They were massive in size and were being demonstrated in a hotel room that was far too small for them, with the consequence that they are in my experience the second worse speakers I have ever heard.

However they were not being given a chance to perform properly, so I don't have a prejudice against Soundlab, just the knowledge that they need a big room and plenty of space around them to perform well; as I'm sure they can.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123