+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Domg View Post
    The signature of a Spotfire cable will likely be similar for a 1m or 4m cable, so it would still be great to try before I buy. Please add me to the loan list too.
    Done.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Ian.

I've had the Spotfire interconnects in my system for a few days now giving me the chance to have a good listen to what they do. Firstly I must point out I'm using a new amp so I'm quite tuned in to any changes at the moment. On opening the box the first thing to strike me about the Spotfires was the quality of construction and finish. Once plumbed in my first impressions were the extra detail after the Sommer Cabokab/MS Audio cable I had been using. There was a definite increase in depth of detail, the definition in female vocals, the clarity of higher range percussion instruments and an overall sense of control. I also thought there was less "shrillness" to some vocals, Janis Joplin especially. So, would I buy them, definitely yes, watch your inbox for my order Oliver.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Martin.

I've just had a go on these cables and I've ordered some.

I hate cables and discussing cables and trying cables, I'm a massive sceptic and I think most of what gets said about cables is total bollocks. But I can't deny that there is something to these that I like.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ian.

It is difficult to make any meaningful comments about cables, very hard to quantify one's thoughts. I still find it hard to believe that cables make such a difference, obviously cheap and nasty IC's will be shown up by even budget cables and of course the law of diminishing returns kicks in once you start spending larger sums. However I do think the Spotfire cables are a good upgrade from Klotz or Sommer, I can't compare anything else as I've not heard them. But like Martin says so much bollocks is said so it's best to try things out for yourself.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    It is difficult to make any meaningful comments about cables, very hard to quantify one's thoughts. I still find it hard to believe that cables make such a difference, obviously cheap and nasty IC's will be shown up by even budget cables and of course the law of diminishing returns kicks in once you start spending larger sums. However I do think the Spotfire cables are a good upgrade from Klotz or Sommer, I can't compare anything else as I've not heard them. But like Martin says so much bollocks is said so it's best to try things out for yourself.
    Thanks for the comments and taking the time to have a listen.

I'll keep a close on on my inbox

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've just had a go on these cables and I've ordered some.

I hate cables and discussing cables and trying cables, I'm a massive sceptic and I think most of what gets said about cables is total bollocks. But I can't deny that there is something to these that I like.
    A sign that I must be doing something right is when a "Cable sceptic" is converted

I'm jamie.

for me the difference was obvious in my system which is why like others i ordered a tonearm cable straight away,im looking forward to hearing the interconnect again with the tonearm cable. its going to be an expensive month!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    for me the difference was obvious in my system which is why like others i ordered a tonearm cable straight away,im looking forward to hearing the interconnect again with the tonearm cable. its going to be an expensive month!
    Let us know how you get on!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    A sign that I must be doing something right is when a "Cable sceptic" is converted

I'm a sceptic about everything

Ever since I did an interconnect blind test thinking it would be pretty easy but being horrified to discover the big differences became teeny-tiny when I didn't know which one I was listening to, I always take a big pinch of salt with these things.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'm a sceptic about everything

Ever since I did an interconnect blind test thinking it would be pretty easy but being horrified to discover the big differences became teeny-tiny when I didn't know which one I was listening to, I always take a big pinch of salt with these things.
    I know mate, it's easy to buy with your eyes but to be fair, it was pretty blatant today.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast