+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Domg View Post
    I’m thinking of re-cabling after recent addition of monoblocs. My hifi cabinet is to one side and I could place the monoblocs under the speakers if I had long (4m + 2m) interconnects and short 1m speaker cables. I guess long interconnects would need to be quite low capacitance and am thinking of using Neotech NEI-3001 mkIII with with some msaudio rhodium rca’s I have. Would the Spotfire cables be a good alternative for long cables - any other suggestions also welcome. My preamp is a Croft Epoch and speakers are Troels design SBA MW19 - quite evenly voiced and balanced sounding monitors.
    There is a lot of great cable out there, Neotech make some of the good stuff.

You need to decide what you want from the cable because everything about it will be an influence. Dielectric, conductor material, length, RCA plugs, it all makes a difference.

Personally, I don't like silver plated cable, I doubt the HF to be exaggerated on nearly all the ones I tried but I never tried this one so can't say.

Silver cable, in my opinion, is very difficult to get right. Again, I've never had a silver cable I liked. I've tried a lot of them too.

My personal opinion is that a cable with the least amount of "imperfections" in the conductor will do a better job than a cable that's intrinsically flawed in its conductor material. I also don't like cables with with small conductors.

The SPOTFIRE were specially selected because they tick all of my requirements.

I haven't made a pair that are 4m long and therefore I haven't got an idea about the Capacitance of the cables, I can find out though.

If you want a seriously low capacitance cable, there's Van Damme LO-CAP & Sommer carbokab which tick the boxes.

You're welcome to join the loan list for the SPOTFIRE but they are 1m long so may not work out.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

The SPOTFIRE are 160pf/m.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    The SPOTFIRE are 160pf/m.

Pretty normal for a coax cable.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Pretty normal for a coax cable.
    Can't see any reason for them not to be ok at 4m as long as the preamp is active.

I'm jamie.

the spotfire tonearm cable arrived today mate,cheers!
    im giving it a spin now,first impressions are i like it ! very well made,lovely quality rca's,id say more detail is coming through right off the bat,background noise appears quieter too
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    the spotfire tonearm cable arrived today mate,cheers!
    im giving it a spin now,first impressions are i like it ! very well made,lovely quality rca's,id say more detail is coming through right off the bat,background noise appears quieter too
    Thanks for the comments mate.

Give it some hours and I think you'll be happier still.

I'm Sandro.

Can I get in the loan list please

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Can I get in the loan list please
    No problem!!.

Bigman80 Guest

List Update

Now - Ian7633

Next - Jamie123

2nd - docp

3rd - Idlewithnodrive

4th - rmcim626

5th - VanDerGraaf

6th - Bksabbath

7th. - Domg

Last edited by Bigman80; 05-09-2018 at 13:25.

I'm Dominic.

The signature of a Spotfire cable will likely be similar for a 1m or 4m cable, so it would still be great to try before I buy. Please add me to the loan list too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast