+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Parcelmonkey View Post
    On a separate note, as you feel the need to defend your honour, could you kindly explain here or via PM why the cable I purchased several years ago now, has plugs that state G1500HD and cable core that has G1000HD on its outer?
    Kind regards,
    Ade / Parcelmonkey
    I believe the G1500HD is the same cable (G1000HD) but with Neutrik plugs. The standard G1000HD has Canare plugs. The G2000HD has WBT plugs.

Spotfires are now with me, will take a listen this week and post on by the end of.

Bigman80 Guest

Agreed and understood. Apologies for my outburst, what is okay on one Forum obviously isn't allowed on another and I respect that. Hand duly smacked...
    Back to the thread, unfortunately I have no idea what the flat cable is, it was made by a Lecturer in Physics who was heavily in to Naim gear. I befriended him when I was studying Sports Nutrition at College as a Mature Student.
    The cable was more open and detailed in many respects than the Mark Grant G1000HD I have but does suffer with a little sibilance on my Linn DS. Currently I have the Linn blacks and I'm keen to hear any differences with the Spotfire.
    The only thing I don't know about the cable is its price? Or is that via PM only?
    Peace from the Monkey clan.
    Price of the SPOTFIRE? It is in the thread, happy to repost here.

£120 0.5m pair
    £140 1.0m pair
    £160 1.2 - 1.5m pairs.

Longer available by custom price

Delivery is £7.50 RMND.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Ade.

Haha, just amended my post as you posted. I re-read the threads beginning again...

I've just PM'd Simon as I will be unavailable after the 31st for a while. If Simon believes time might be an issue for him, I don't want to take listening time away from him then he's to bypass me and bump up to the next. Hopefully I can jump back in upon my return?

If it can stay as we are, then brilliant but just giving everyone who's patiently waiting in line a heads up...

I'm Simon.

Will get them out in time so no worries.

I'm Lionel.

Haha, just amended my post as you posted. I re-read the threads beginning again...

I've just PM'd Simon as I will be unavailable after the 31st for a while. If Simon believes time might be an issue for him, I don't want to take listening time away from him then he's to bypass me and bump up to the next. Hopefully I can jump back in upon my return?

If it can stay as we are, then brilliant but just giving everyone who's patiently waiting in line a heads up...
    I have a week long holiday planned from 29th to 5th so also happy to drop down a rung or two in order, if this helps to keep the "baton" moving.
    Last edited by docp; 20-08-2018 at 14:52.

I'm Simon.

Posting these on to Ade tomorrow morning, first class post. Will post my thoughts later.

I'm Simon.

Thanks to Oliver for the loan on these cables. I have now posted them on to Ade. I tried them out against my Mark Grant HDX1 cables and from my ears they are extremely close in sound. I placed the Spotfires between my passive pre and power amp. All other cables in the preceding chain are HDX1's. The Spotfires for me gave the sound a very slight boost in the highs and I feel the vocals on music I tried were ever so slightly more forward. Detail wise I struggled to hear anything extra over the HDX1 and soundstage seemed identical to me.

The cables are solid in construction and I like the KLE plugs used, they have a nice tight fit. Would be interesting to see how it would sound if all cables in my system were changed to Spotfires, just to see whether there would be bigger gains.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    Thanks to Oliver for the loan on these cables. I have now posted them on to Ade. I tried them out against my Mark Grant HDX1 cables and from my ears they are extremely close in sound. I placed the Spotfires between my passive pre and power amp. All other cables in the preceding chain are HDX1's. The Spotfires for me gave the sound a very slight boost in the highs and I feel the vocals on music I tried were ever so slightly more forward. Detail wise I struggled to hear anything extra over the HDX1 and soundstage seemed identical to me.

The cables are solid in construction and I like the KLE plugs used, they have a nice tight fit. Would be interesting to see how it would sound if all cables in my system were changed to Spotfires, just to see whether there would be bigger gains.
    Hi Simon,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on the cables.

It's always difficult when there are different cables in the chain so the difference may not always be AS apparent or as easy to identify what is doing what, but that's the issue with only having one pair of loaners.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Ade.

Received the cables today; many thanks Simon, all nicely boxed up & will recycle this again, it's a good solid box!

Only managed a small listen in the last hour but things are immediately apparent. One big thing I noticed and wonder if anyone can clarify? I need more volume on my EAR integrated than normal. Is this down to cable impedance possibly? I know nothing about electrics especially anything to do with Hi-Fi...
    My normal interconnect of choice is Linn Blacks from the Linn Akurate streamer direct to the amp.

Now this volume change is no bad thing, I was able to listen to my tunes with volume playing at over 2 o' clock on the amp. Clear and detailed, something I haven't been able to do before. It was mostly playing acoustic vocal / guitar and on my phone app was registering around 85-90db.

A really clear and detailed sound.

I will be having a proper session Sunday with Mark Grant G1500HD's, Linn Blacks and the mystery grey flat cable mentioned before. I'll attempt to post a picture of this cable too if code is okay to be posted direct to the thread via Imgur?

Could JohnG make PM with their address as I will send on to you Wed 29th as I will be unavailable after the 31st. I've been messaged by docp to say he needs to be bumped down a place as he's unable to take delivery. He'll need them afterwards as I'm sure he won't want to miss out.

Until then...

I'm Simon.

Received the cables today; many thanks Simon, all nicely boxed up & will recycle this again, it's a good solid box!
    Can't take credit for that as that box I also recycled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast