+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Those WBT-0681 Ag signature Nextgen are certainly expensive and I don't doubt that they are doing a good job for you BUT and it's a BIG BUT, they don't match the spec for the SPOTFIRE range.

Believe me, I don't just stick some bits of metal onto the ends of my cables and hope for the best! Lol.

A lot of time, thought, money and effort goes into making sure that every cable I produce or introduce to the lovely folk of this forum, is as good as it can be.

The SPOTFIRE cables, all of them, have to be the same in terms of consistency. Sticking Ag spades on the end completely diverts away from the rest of the line up and believe me, I tried Ag KLEs amongst others like AEC, WBT etc and they didn't give me what I wanted. In fact, a customer insisted on KLE Ag and reported that the cable was better once the Ag was removed from the equation, as I said it would be in the first place.

The Spades used on the Production Speaker cables, not my own, are gold plated pure copper. NO BRASS. However my speaker cables have whatever I had in the connection tin and I think the spades may be brass. I do have some of the Copper spades and I'd be happy to put those on before I let you hear them.
    I don't doubt any of what you say, you know your design ethos better than anyone else! May comments only come from using a pure copper cable and then plonking on a high purity Ag spade, as you say it works for me. Weird how this hobby works.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I don't doubt any of what you say, you know your design ethos better than anyone else! May comments only come from using a pure copper cable and then plonking on a high purity Ag spade, as you say it works for me. Weird how this hobby works.
    Ha, Yes indeed. If it's working for you, it's perfect!

I'm John.

Hi Oli

Is there any chance of you doing a loan pair of speaker cables like you did with the interconnects?

Also interested in the tonearm cable but there's no way I'm having a go at fitting that myself.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    Hi Oli

Is there any chance of you doing a loan pair of speaker cables like you did with the interconnects?

Also interested in the tonearm cable but there's no way I'm having a go at fitting that myself.

Hi matey,

Unfortunately there won't be a loan set of Speaker cables. I realise that folk are less likely to buy them without hearing them but it's just not cost effective to do.

Postage is about £20 each way and then how long should they be?! Everyone has different requirements so it's not gonna happen.

The tonearm cable is a doddle to fit!

I'm John.

A doddle? I had a nightmare last year just fitting a new cartridge. Broke one of the tonearm connectors off and spent about two hours trying to solder it back on. The thought of dismantling my Nottingham Analogue tonearm terrifies me.

Maybe I'll have to bring it to you for you to fit it .

I never went through with the jack to phono Spotfire because I decided I don't want to keep my Chord Mojo long term, so will wait until I upgrade my DAC at some point and get another regular pair of Spotfires.

I understand about the speaker cables, makes good sense. Might just have to go for it anyway, I'm pretty sure it will be the right decision.

Bigman80 Guest

A doddle? I had a nightmare last year just fitting a new cartridge. Broke one of the tonearm connectors off and spent about two hours trying to solder it back on. The thought of dismantling my Nottingham Analogue tonearm terrifies me.

I never went through with the jack to phono Spotfire because I decided I don't want to keep my Chord Mojo long term, so will wait until I upgrade my DAC at some point and get another regular pair of Spotfires.

I understand about the speaker cables, makes good sense. Might just have to go for it anyway, I'm pretty sure it will be the right decision.

oh dear!!! In that case, leave it!!!

You're welcome to bring it over and I'd fit a cable for you, no problems.

Yes, I've had many enquiries of a loan pair of SPOTFIRE speaker cables but it's just not feasible. Far too many variables even to the point of people not wanting the connections I use lol. Crackers!

Every pair sold has been bought blind and the feedback has been very positive. I realise I'm clipping my own wings not having a loan pair but I don't mind if I don't sell many pairs of them, I have a pair

No worries on the Jack to RCA, just let me know when you're ready. If you want a good DAC, don't look past the Allo Boss1.2 and Pi combo I'm using here. You're welcome to come and have a listen and have your eyes opened! Bakeoff against the Chord?

I'm John.

That sounds like a plan if we could combine a mini DAC bake off with a Spotfire tonearm fitting session?

Bigman80 Guest

That sounds like a plan if we could combine a mini DAC bake off with a Spotfire tonearm fitting session?

Absolutely!

Drop me a PM with the details of what you need and we'll sort it out.

I'm away this week so it'll be after that.

O

I'm Rob.

I’ve bought a Spotfire IC with RCA to RCA, another one with a 5 pin DIN to RCA and a pair of the reference speaker cables.

All the above have been bought blind and I’m extremely happy with them all. My system has never sounded so good. I was listening over the weekend and the one word which seems fitting is ‘satisfying’. I think I’m damn close to the sound I’ve been looking for over 30 years. The realness/authenticity , the feeling of complete engagement with the music surprises and excites me every time.

This is not blowing smoke up Oliver’s butt or shilling. I’ve bought the cables with my hard earned cash. I would never recommend anything unless I was 100% confident in the product.

I’ll also be placing a further order for another Spotfire IC RCA to RCA when Oliver returns from his holiday.

Cheers
    Rob
    Well Tempered Versalex, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Trilogy 906, MCRU LDA Linear PSU, Naim ND5 XS 2 , Exposure 3010S2D, Roksan TR-5 speakers, Spotfire Interconnects/Spotfire Reference speaker cable

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmass View Post
    I’ve bought a Spotfire IC with RCA to RCA, another one with a 5 pin DIN to RCA and a pair of the reference speaker cables.

All the above have been bought blind and I’m extremely happy with them all. My system has never sounded so good. I was listening over the weekend and the one word which seems fitting is ‘satisfying’. I think I’m damn close to the sound I’ve been looking for over 30 years. The realness/authenticity , the feeling of complete engagement with the music surprises and excites me every time.

This is not blowing smoke up Oliver’s butt or shilling. I’ve bought the cables with my hard earned cash. I would never recommend anything unless I was 100% confident in the product.

I’ll also be placing a further order for another Spotfire IC RCA to RCA when Oliver returns from his holiday.

Cheers
    Rob
    Hi Rob,

Thank you for your words. Its great to hear that you are getting the performance I expect from the cables.

You were very brave to buy blind, but you did your due diligence and made your choice!

Yes, you have quite a collection now and a nice custom cable for the Naim. I'll be home Friday so I'll drop you a message.

Thanks again!

O

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast