+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

Bigman80 Guest

https://www.amazon.co.uk/aeco-Plug-A...words=AECO+RCA

Claims 99% silver then further down says contact pin is Tellerium Copper. I didn't feel sure so i never bought them.

I'm Kevin.

It also says they are gold plated, but you can see they are silver.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Bigman80 Guest

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Look here- https://www.aeco.tw/en-arp-4045.html

It states pure silver, but then again so did the KLE Harmony....
    I know. ebay link is a bit clearer

I'm John.

Oli, if I were to oblige your offer, the day would end up in a Power Amp Bake Off, 'Cos' my mono's will be on board to be hooked up to your pre amp.
    I'm keen to here a device without such a large amount of copper in the signal path.
    Off Topic,
    One Slagle owner investigating a previous Slagle owners discoveries.
    I've been in discussion about the Slagle, and as a result, had a alternative description of the Slagle, and that is, 'it is not designed to work as a conventional pre amp, but more of a attenuator, that will filter out frequencies, this filtering can be perceived as a improved presentation'.
    Just maybe that is why there are questions about the bass.
    The individual who described this function to me claimed a set of measurements could be taken from the Slagle to identify the filtered out frequencies, and a simple switchable device could be put together which will have a similar effect.
    My mono's are incredibly revealing,the engineer informed me they had shown the noise from the laptop battery, when hooked up to a oscilloscope.

Bigman80 Guest

Hi John,

That's fine by me!!! Id love to hear your amplifiers and I'm sure you'd enjoy the Krell too.

The Slagle was a really enjoyable Preamp but there is no doubt in my mind that the DCB1 is more transparent.

Drop me a PM if you fancy a day up here and we'll sort something out.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    Oli, if I were to oblige your offer, the day would end up in a Power Amp Bake Off, 'Cos' my mono's will be on board to be hooked up to your pre amp.
    I'm keen to here a device without such a large amount of copper in the signal path.
    Off Topic,
    One Slagle owner investigating a previous Slagle owners discoveries.
    I've been in discussion about the Slagle, and as a result, had a alternative description of the Slagle, and that is, 'it is not designed to work as a conventional pre amp, but more of a attenuator, that will filter out frequencies, this filtering can be perceived as a improved presentation'.
    Just maybe that is why there are questions about the bass.
    The individual who described this function to me claimed a set of measurements could be taken from the Slagle to identify the filtered out frequencies, and a simple switchable device could be put together which will have a similar effect.
    My mono's are incredibly revealing,the engineer informed me they had shown the noise from the laptop battery, when hooked up to a oscilloscope.
    Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Does rmcim626 have the cables now, Lionel?

Any news from rmcim626?

Been a week hasn't it?

I'm Robin.

Yes I have been enjoying the cables for the last week or so and will post my thoughts in due course, who's next to receive them and I post on after the weekend?
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Bigman80 Guest

Next - VanDerGraaf

2nd - Bksabbath

3rd. - Domg

4th - The Chronicles

Any more for a listen?

Bigman80 Guest

VanDerGraaf is next matey.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Yes I have been enjoying the cables for the last week or so and will post my thoughts in due course, who's next to receive them and I post on after the weekend?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast