+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

I'm Martin.

It was, no argument there.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm jamie.

ok so i have the loan spotfire interconnects here,
    im already using the tonearm version of the spotfire,all be it not properly bedded in yet,id say about 6hrs use so far.
    ive stuck the loan spotfire pair last in the chain,going from my pre amp to the amp,between this is one pair of sommer cables connecting my head amp to the pre.

once again ive found another step up,im listen to a lot of julian bream at the moment and i can say that i noticed some more clarity coming through,the acoustic guitar twang and finger plucks in particular,finger slides have become quite realistic,not that they wern't before but now they are a joy too hear,all adding to that 'he's in the room' experience.im not there yet i should say but i feel these cables are a step in the right direction.

oliver told me you can hear a difference with each interconnect thats replaced and so far i agree.
    if you own a set of these cables you need 2 sets lol
    they are without doubt the best cables ive used to date.

another order coming your way soon mate. nice one!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    ok so i have the loan spotfire interconnects here,
    im already using the tonearm version of the spotfire,all be it not properly bedded in yet,id say about 6hrs use so far.
    ive stuck the loan spotfire pair last in the chain,going from my pre amp to the amp,between this is one pair of sommer cables connecting my head amp to the pre.

once again ive found another step up,im listen to a lot of julian bream at the moment and i can say that i noticed some more clarity coming through,the acoustic guitar twang and finger plucks in particular,finger slides have become quite realistic,not that they wern't before but now they are a joy too hear,all adding to that 'he's in the room' experience.im not there yet i should say but i feel these cables are a step in the right direction.

oliver told me you can hear a difference with each interconnect thats replaced and so far i agree.
    if you own a set of these cables you need 2 sets lol
    they are without doubt the best cables ive used to date.

another order coming your way soon mate. nice one!
    Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the positivity, it's always nice to know that they are living up to my claims!

Just for ultimate transparency, I said "I" heard a difference with each pair I added and hoped the same happened for you. I am really pleased it has.

Thanks for taking the time and leaving a review. It's appreciated.

I'll await the PM,

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm jamie.

no worries mate,i would order them straight away but another little purchase has been made,i pick it up saturday
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

no worries mate,i would order them straight away but another little purchase has been made,i pick it up saturday
    Jesus. What you got now

I'm jamie.

ha ha yep i know its becoming a problem i think
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

ha ha yep i know its becoming a problem i think
    Once you have the right pieces you just stop. Cartridge, cables, Arm, TT, preamp, speakers are all settled here. Just the amp to go.

I'm Ian.

What was interesting was when I took the Spotfires out of my system and put the Sommers back in I really noticed the missing detail. When you put a new piece of equipment in your set up for the first time you're listening for every difference and might even kid yourself you're hearing improvements but going back to the old cables with no expectation the differences become very obvious. Keep an eye on that inbox Oliver.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    What was interesting was when I took the Spotfires out of my system and put the Sommers back in I really noticed the missing detail. When you put a new piece of equipment in your set up for the first time you're listening for every difference and might even kid yourself you're hearing improvements but going back to the old cables with no expectation the differences become very obvious. Keep an eye on that inbox Oliver.
    Still watching Ian lol.

In all seriousness, it is usually the case that when i take something out for the new item, then put the old thing back after a few hours, that I realise what it brought (or didn't) to the performance.

I'm jamie.

these will be sent off to the next in on the list saturday.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast