+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

Bigman80 Guest

No worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by doodoos View Post
    Went to Simon Monday. Tracking shows waiting to be collected from Sorting Office.
    Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Simon.

It's being redelivered on Saturday.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    It's being redelivered on Saturday.
    Great stuff. Let us know how you get on!

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Parcelmonkey View Post
    Newbie here and was wondering if I ask nicely; may I be added to the list please?
    I've been using a Mark Grant G1000HD for ages and recently stumbled on a flat grey cable I had stashed in a box I was given years ago! This older cable blew the M Grant into the weeds. Would be very interested to see if my system can handle further improvements or not. Are the loaners 1M ones?
    Thanks...
    This is strange as I cant find any record of anyone in Dover ever buying this cable, when did you buy it and what's your real name ? ( so that I can check my records)

Also a bit strange that you joined this forum on 31st March 2018 just to post in this thread and criticise me

I'm Ade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Grant View Post
    This is strange as I cant find any record of anyone in Dover ever buying this cable, when did you buy it and what's your real name ? ( so that I can check my records)

Also a bit strange that you joined this forum on 31st March 2018 just to post in this thread and criticise me
    I will PM you in due time Mark Grant with my address details where I purchased your cable, I in fact purchased one then the other as an upgrade. I'm not obviously going to post personal details on an open Forum.
    As to your last comments, steady on fella. Where did I criticise you? I stated that I had a cable that I felt was better than yours, a bit tetchy there to insinuate anything other than personal preference. I will happily edit my initial post so as to make you feel less 'abused' as I quite appreciate the efforts you put in to cable manufacture and normally vote with my wallet. I am of course open to newer and quite possibly better options, I believe it's called choice?
    On a different fact, I didn't join this Forum just to take a 'pop' at you or your manufacturing, I joined to see and enjoy another Forum. I am mainly on 'The Wam' with currently 5857 posts until I post in a while on the 'Cockpunching thread' about people too quick to jump to conclusions!

However, as I work alot, I don't always get a huge amount of time to spend hours on both Forums, I just feel more comfortable over there as I know it more and people know me. In time, I'm sure my post count will rise and I have already met up with a regular on here, which was most enjoyable. So Mr Grant, kindly back the f*** away for I haven't crossed any line.
    On a separate note, as you feel the need to defend your honour, could you kindly explain here or via PM why the cable I purchased several years ago now, has plugs that state G1500HD and cable core that has G1000HD on its outer?
    Kind regards,
    Ade / Parcelmonkey

Addendum: All I wanted to do is add info to state that the flat grey cable (home-made no branding) was more open and detailed than the G1500HD but with quite pronounced sibilance so whilst it blew the Mark Grant cable out of the weeds in some respects it didn't in others and I feel the Mark Grant cable is a more rounded design.
    Last edited by Marco; 20-08-2018 at 09:22. Reason: Addendum added as requested by author

I'm Lawrence.

Newbie here and was wondering if I ask nicely; may I be added to the list please?
    I've been using a Mark Grant G1000HD for ages and recently stumbled on a flat grey cable I had stashed in a box I was given years ago! This older cable blew the M Grant into the weeds. Would be very interested to see if my system can handle further improvements or not. Are the loaners 1M ones?
    Thanks...
    Any idea what the flat cable is called? For the record I bought a 0.5m MG digital cable off ebay for about £10. It was copper weave under a clear sheath. I took it to a mate's and compared to a £100 (s/h) cable and it came close so is now my cable of choice.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Ade,

Aside from Mark's uncharacteristically tetchy response to your previous post, which I agree was uncalled for, I'm afraid that regardless of that, we don't address each other like this on AoS (see text in bold):

I will happily edit my initial post so as to make you feel less 'abused' as I quite appreciate the efforts you put in to cable manufacture and normally vote with my wallet. I am of course open to newer and quite possibly better options, I believe it's called choice?
    On a different fact, I didn't join this Forum just to take a 'pop' at you or your manufacturing, I joined to see and enjoy another Forum. I am mainly on 'The Wam' with currently 5857 posts until I post in a while on the 'Cockpunching thread' about people too quick to jump to conclusions!

However, as I work alot, I don't always get a huge amount of time to spend hours on both Forums, I just feel more comfortable over there as I know it more and people know me. In time, I'm sure my post count will rise and I have already met up with a regular on here, which was most enjoyable. So Mr Grant, kindly back the f*** away for I haven't crossed any line.
    That sort of abrasive/ill-tempered reaction towards other members may be allowed on Wigwam, but not here, so please remember that in future.

Therefore, whilst you have cause to be disappointed with Mark's response to your remarks about his cables, it doesn't entitle you to subsequently go off on one (overreacting somewhat, as demonstrated above), and make the situation worse.

In that respect, please take your dispute with Mark to PM, where I hope you can resolve your differences, and let's get the thread back on topic (about SPOTFIRE). Cheers!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Ade,

Aside from Mark's uncharacteristically tetchy response to your previous post, which I agree was uncalled for, I'm afraid that regardless of that, we don't address each other like this on AoS (see text in bold):

That sort of abrasive/ill-tempered reaction towards other members may be allowed on Wigwam, but not here, so please remember that in future.

Therefore, whilst you have cause to be disappointed with Mark's response to your remarks about his cables, it doesn't entitle you to subsequently go off on one (overreacting somewhat, as demonstrated above), and make the situation worse.

In that respect, please take your dispute with Mark to PM, where I hope you can resolve your differences, and let's get the thread back on topic (about SPOTFIRE). Cheers!

Marco.
    One of the things I like about AOS is that it is good natured. There's more than enough vitriol elsewhere on the internet.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    One of the things I like about AOS is that it is good natured. There's more than enough vitriol elsewhere on the internet.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Absolutely, one of the reasons I never got involved with the Wam. Anyway - Spotfires are ace.

I'm Ade.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Ade,

Marco.
    Agreed and understood. Apologies for my outburst, what is okay on one Forum obviously isn't allowed on another and I respect that. Hand duly smacked...
    Back to the thread, unfortunately I have no idea what the flat cable is, it was made by a Lecturer in Physics who was heavily in to Naim gear. I befriended him when I was studying Sports Nutrition at College as a Mature Student.
    The cable was more open and detailed in many respects than the Mark Grant G1000HD I have but does suffer with a little sibilance on my Linn DS. Currently I have the Linn blacks and I'm keen to hear any differences with the Spotfire.
    The only thing I don't know about the cable is its price? - No need, I just re-read pages again...
    Peace from the Monkey clan.
    Last edited by Parcelmonkey; 18-08-2018 at 18:33.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast