+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 LastLast

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Along with bitterness, disillusionment, disenfranchisedment, depression, downheartedness, humourlessness, decrepitude and pessimism, but otherwise it's all good!
    You forgot "big words"

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    All that talk of buying a 2nd Z504 made me remember you can run these as a monoblock.

Just tried it on one channel

The bass control and midrange projection are phenomenal.

That's the sort of current delivery the big HPDs need to really come alive.

Send help....
    One on eBay in Japan, I could only imagine what it'd do for your sound! I might have to buy two lol

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    One on eBay in Japan, I could only imagine what it'd do for your sound! I might have to buy two lol
    Why don't you buy it then I'll buy it off you when you prefer the big American beefcake (again ).

That's Chet in my Avatar btw.

I'm John.

Just checked the schematic, the Jap ones have a different transformer with a single 100V primary winding so no good to us.

Bigman80 Guest

Just checked the schematic, the Jap ones have a different transformer with a single 100V primary winding so no good to us.
    Haha, no, it's no good to me, I want Monoblock Krell's lol

I'm John.

Just a further follow up to say that after a full day’s listening to something a bit more demanding than my usual I can confirm my system has never sounded better than since fitting the Spotfire interconnects. Certainly part of it is the synergy with my other components but there’s no denying, they are GOOD!

I’m not saying they’re all things to all men but they are the new secret ingredient in my secret ingredient soup

Bigman80 Guest

Just a further follow up to say that after a full day’s listening to something a bit more demanding than my usual I can confirm my system has never sounded better than since fitting the Spotfire interconnects. Certainly part of it is the synergy with my other components but there’s no denying, they are GOOD!

I’m not saying they’re all things to all men but they are the new secret ingredient in my secret ingredient soup
    Secret ingredient soup lol, I love that

I'm James.

I decided I needed to increase the length of one of my SPOTFIRE IC cables between Pre and power amp recently. Oliver kindly obliged and I popped it in. The cable was originally a 1 Metre IC but I needed a 1.5 Metre length to reach comfortably between the amps.

As soon as I popped it into place I thought hey ho whats going on here. It sounded better! Why was this? Over the last 6 days it has steadily got even better. I have spoken to Oliver about this and he has observed 1.5 -2 metre ICs have also sounded better. I had a quick noodle round the net and indeed have found further anecdotal evidence of this.

When I mean better I have observed that the cable sounded more open and transparency has gone up a notch. I have simply never heard my system sound this good.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I decided I needed to increase the length of one of my SPOTFIRE IC cables between Pre and power amp recently. Oliver kindly obliged and I popped it in. The cable was originally a 1 Metre IC but I needed a 1.5 Metre length to reach comfortably between the amps.

As soon as I popped it into place I thought hey ho whats going on here. It sounded better! Why was this? Over the last 6 days it has steadily got even better. I have spoken to Oliver about this and he has observed 1.5 -2 metre ICs have also sounded better. I had a quick noodle round the net and indeed have found further anecdotal evidence of this.

When I mean better I have observed that the cable sounded more open and transparency has gone up a notch. I have simply never heard my system sound this good.
    Hi Jim,

I thought you'd been quiet! Too busy rummaging around the internet lol.

Yes, an oddity that even I can't fathom. All the wisdom in forums suggests that the shorter the cable, the better. Unfortunately/fortunately (?) That seems to be a bit off the mark. I did recently read the article you sent about it, maybe I'll post it but as you say, I swapped 1m cables between my pre and power for 2m ones and noticed a "bit more" from them.

At the time I thought I was losing the plot a little and only really remembered that thought when you reported the same. Strange but a result that pleased me at the time as it does you, now.

So, all you kit's in the right place, your cables are long enough and your system has never sounded better. I'll take that mate. Well happy to have contributed to your enjoyment.

Next, speaker cables

I'm James.

Speaker cables are definitely on the list mate.

I know we have banged on for ages about the SPOTFIRE cables but in all honesty they have been a revelation in my system - you have certainly found the magic formula!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread