+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 391

Thread: SPOTFIRE new interconnect review

  1. #221
    Join Date: Mar 2018

    Location: Home Counties

    Posts: 59
    I'm Joe.

    Default

    Yannis cables are as good as it gets for the price point.

  2. #222
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 6,244
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Cyrus! You're back. Welcome.

    I have a Yannis cable. Very good cable it is too. He's a very skilled guy. I've repaired a couple of his cables and they are nicely put together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Yannis cables are as good as it gets for the price point.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken & Tesla Valves)
    Digital: NONE
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 & Monarchy Audio SM-70 Class A Amplifier
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

  3. #223
    Join Date: Nov 2010

    Location: Yorkshire

    Posts: 7,281
    I'm AnDreW.

    Default

    Some thoughts...

    Compared to Yannis Tome 420.

    +ve points

    Genre neutral seemed to perform well across a wide spectrum of choices.
    Great cable for complex torture tracks
    Fantastic wide open soundstage
    Very capable of producing intimate female vocals, literally sitting in front of you.

    -ve points

    Lacks bass authority.
    Vocals sound a little recessed and to the back of the soundstage.
    Not as detailed as the Tome cable just looses out in the microdetail stakes.
    Produces a shade more sibilance than the 420 IC's.

    The cables perform extremely well and I can heartily recommend them at the price point. I could quite happily
    live with these cables if it wasn't for the fact that I'm spoiled with two system's completely wired with Tome's
    work. The Spotfire only just misses out on the performance of the Tome cable. It has no problems handling heavy
    progressive metal, or producing an intimate soundstage of a vocalist sitting six feet in front of you. It's a very
    detailed cable but not as detailed as the Tome cables. Bass performance could be a little more visceral and offer
    a little more authority but these are only minor quibbles in the context of the reviewer being pedantic!

    cables will be sent out on Friday.
    SS CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DAC Caiman SEG+15V PSU DECK 1210 Mat Analog Studio Crystal Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony arm Board Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/Jaeger(low-impedance) connector/3 StageRegs/Recapped PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

    Valve PRECroft Epoch(Mega Modded) AMP Sondex S100 SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Reference XO DECK Garrard301 Mat Teunto Bearing 401 Plinth Moldovan Arms 3009/3012(Ikeda Ag wired) PSUEagle+Tachometer MCAg Meister SPU v2 CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ Speaker VdH 6mm Blue IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostage Paradise (4 Box)


  4. #224
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 6,244
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Hi Andrew,

    Thanks for your thoughts on the cables and taking the time to listen.
    Can I ask the price of the Yannis 420 cables? I can't find them online.

    If I remember correctly they are higher than the price of the SPOTFIRE?

    UPDATE - I've been told the Yannis cable (420+) that Andrew uses is 400ish can anyone confirm?

    Anyway, comparing copper to silver will always be tricky as they inherently differ in presentation BUT I am happy that they have fared so well against a pair of Yannis TOTL cables.

    Last edited by Bigman80; 17-05-2018 at 17:07.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken & Tesla Valves)
    Digital: NONE
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 & Monarchy Audio SM-70 Class A Amplifier
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

  5. #225
    Join Date: May 2012

    Location: Staffordshire, UK

    Posts: 65
    I'm Rob.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Some thoughts...

    Compared to Yannis Tome 420.

    +ve points

    Genre neutral seemed to perform well across a wide spectrum of choices.
    Great cable for complex torture tracks
    Fantastic wide open soundstage
    Very capable of producing intimate female vocals, literally sitting in front of you.

    -ve points

    Lacks bass authority.
    Vocals sound a little recessed and to the back of the soundstage.
    Not as detailed as the Tome cable just looses out in the microdetail stakes.
    Produces a shade more sibilance than the 420 IC's.

    The cables perform extremely well and I can heartily recommend them at the price point. I could quite happily
    live with these cables if it wasn't for the fact that I'm spoiled with two system's completely wired with Tome's
    work. The Spotfire only just misses out on the performance of the Tome cable. It has no problems handling heavy
    progressive metal, or producing an intimate soundstage of a vocalist sitting six feet in front of you. It's a very
    detailed cable but not as detailed as the Tome cables. Bass performance could be a little more visceral and offer
    a little more authority but these are only minor quibbles in the context of the reviewer being pedantic!

    cables will be sent out on Friday.
    Thanks for sharing. Mine arrive tomorrow.
    Well Tempered Versalex, Ortofon Cadenza Black, MCRU LDA Linear PSU, Trilogy 906, Akurate CD , Exotik , Chakra 2200, Roksan TR-5 speakers, SpotFire, Linn silver, Yannis Tome and Spotfire Interconnects/Chord Signature speaker cable/Mark Grant & MCRU Mains cables

  6. #226
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 6,244
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Now - jandl100

    Next - Lee Henley

    1st - Edwardlon

    2nd - Shaman

    3rd - The crow

    4th - Crackles

    5th - STD305M

    6th - Parcelmonkey

    7th - doodoos

    Final call for any further additions?

    Cheers
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken & Tesla Valves)
    Digital: NONE
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 & Monarchy Audio SM-70 Class A Amplifier
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

  7. #227
    Join Date: Nov 2010

    Location: Yorkshire

    Posts: 7,281
    I'm AnDreW.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Hi Andrew,

    Thanks for your thoughts on the cables and taking the time to listen.
    Can I ask the price of the Yannis 420 cables? I can't find them online.

    If I remember correctly they are higher than the price of the SPOTFIRE?

    UPDATE - I've been told the Yannis cable (420+) that Andrew uses is 400ish can anyone confirm?

    Anyway, comparing copper to silver will always be tricky as they inherently differ in presentation BUT I am happy that they have fared so well against a pair of Yannis TOTL cables.

    They fair EXTREMELY well, on fact I'd advise anyone not wanting to spend the money of some 420's to try these beauts! NO I'M NOT PAID BY THE BIGMAN TO SAY THESE WORDS!
    SS CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DAC Caiman SEG+15V PSU DECK 1210 Mat Analog Studio Crystal Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony arm Board Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/Jaeger(low-impedance) connector/3 StageRegs/Recapped PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

    Valve PRECroft Epoch(Mega Modded) AMP Sondex S100 SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Reference XO DECK Garrard301 Mat Teunto Bearing 401 Plinth Moldovan Arms 3009/3012(Ikeda Ag wired) PSUEagle+Tachometer MCAg Meister SPU v2 CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ Speaker VdH 6mm Blue IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostage Paradise (4 Box)


  8. #228
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 6,244
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    They fair EXTREMELY well, on fact I'd advise anyone not wanting to spend the money of some 420's to try these beauts! NO I'M NOT PAID BY THE BIGMAN TO SAY THESE WORDS!
    Thanks, Andrew.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken & Tesla Valves)
    Digital: NONE
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 & Monarchy Audio SM-70 Class A Amplifier
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

  9. #229
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Forest of Dean, Glos

    Posts: 10,187
    I'm Jerry.

    Default

    Are they on the way to me now?
    Jerry

    Qobuz 16/44 streaming, Topping D30 DAC with lpsu, Herron VTSP-2 valve preamp, Trigon TRE 50M monoblocks, MBL 116F speakers.

    Cables: Wireworld Starlight USB, Ixos Ixotica i/c, W&M speaker cables, Belden 19364 mains cables

    Headphones: Fostex TH600, Audeze EL-8, Wharfedale Isodynamic, Philips Fidelio X2
    Headphone amp: Rotel RX-603

  10. #230
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 6,244
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    They should be!
    Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Are they on the way to me now?
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken & Tesla Valves)
    Digital: NONE
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 & Monarchy Audio SM-70 Class A Amplifier
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •