Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Lionel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Does rmcim626 have the cables now, Lionel?

Any news from rmcim626?

Been a week hasn't it?
    Sorry Oliver as I've only just seen this. It's been quite a week! As you can see they were passed on some time back. I'm also tardy in writing up a small review so here's a couple of thoughts on the Spotfire's quality.
    I have a fair few expensive cables but took an interest in Oliver's Spotfires as I am looking for a bespoke length. I have also recently invested in a similar cable from Oliver for my tonearm (Jelco on a LP12) which I am very satisfied with. To listen to the quality of the Spotfires I, rather unfairly, removed my Transparent Audio Ultra cable (current retail £1400ish) from between my Modwright LS36.5 and my Auralic Vega DAC. The Ultras are the best cable I have ever had in my system and unsurprisingly beat off the competition from this cheap usurper. However, to suggest they were 10 times better is simply ridiculous. The Ultras had a little more definition when tracks became heavier and more complicated. One such track which highlighted this was a song by New Model Army which had a second bassline beneath the surface and the Ultras kept this in good order while the Spotfires muddied this somewhat. The Ultras also appeared to have slightly better overall definition within the lower regions but this was rather marginal. On simpler tracks like a lot of my favoured acoustic ones, the Spotfires held their own and provided excellent tonal balance.
    I believe Oliver deserves a lot of credit for his achievements with this cable which is a veritable bargain. Perhaps I should place my order quickly before he reads this and puts his prices up!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Hi Lionel,

Thanks for taking the time mate. It's appreciated.

The Transparent Audio Ultra cable aren't ones I've heard of, but then of they are over £300 I won't have

The price will remain the same for forum members, regardless of however good they are deemed to be.

This is possibly the toughest test yet. I'll have to research the cable you use and see where the difference lies.

Thanks again!!!

For Anyone wondering, the SPOTFIRE tonearm cable is made from a smaller core version of the cable that has the same materials used in the SPOTFIRE Interconnects.

I should really set a price for those and advertise them

I could be tempted to make a loaner if there was any interest.

Bigman80 Guest

SPOTFIRE-ta.

I'm Sandro.

That may just be what I am looking for

SME V cables have a bad reputation so I am really interested in giving it a go

Can I borrow that ?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    That may just be what I am looking for

SME V cables have a bad reputation so I am really interested in giving it a go

Can I borrow that ?
    Unfortunately, I only have one, my own!!!

I'm Sandro.

Well look like I am next on Que or there about
    so we take it from there

Besides I am thinking about using a 5 pin plug on both ends so to keep the cartridge (sort of floating) and the screen cable separate

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Well look like I am next on Que or there about
    so we take it from there

Besides I am thinking about using a 5 pin plug on both ends so to keep the cartridge (sort of floating) and the screen cable separate
    Ok, that's a different approach.

I'm Robin.

Just to confirm, that Vandergraaf has just picked the cables from me, didn’t realize he was lived so close. Will post my thoughts in the next day or so.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Just to confirm, that Vandergraaf has just picked the cables from me, didn’t realize he was lived so close. Will post my thoughts in the next day or so.
    Ah!, Good stuff.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast