+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2018

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - the difference is that washing up liquid is a disposable product, and not one placed on prominent display that others are liable to see, unlike a pair of high-end loudspeakers - or a car!

Would you wear a t-shirt with 'Fairy' written on it?

Anyway, let's get back on-topic

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that Von Gaylord is actually the bloke's name. I mean it sounds unlikely to us but then this is America we're talking about. There are quite a few people with the surname 'Wanker' there too; regrettably one of them has yet to start a hi-fi company.

But you can hardly blame the bloke for calling the company after his actual name, ridiculous though it may be.
    Indeed. In fact, the UK isn’t immune either, given that famous British manufacturer of electronic test equipment, Wayne Kerr...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Was the Neat Acoustics show room any good?

S.
    As I went in a couple just leaving the room were saying 'Didn't that sound awful?' They were right. Easily the worst sounding room in the show, IMO.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Indeed. In fact, the UK isn’t immune either, given that famous British manufacturer of electronic test equipment, Wayne Kerr...
    In Spain it's branded Juan Kerr....
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Justin.

Neat IOTA Xplorer. For the chap that asked, these just fell into the category of walk into the room, hear no action or volume, take a snap and walk out quickly. They might be OK given a chance, but they weren't giving them a chance at that time. This happens in a lot of rooms, and it makes you wonder whether the staff

1) Care less.
    2) Could be arsed to do anything.
    3) Have any enthusiasm.

If you can't be arsed to play music at a reasonable volume and be enthusiastic, just what the hell are you doing at the show? Wasting someone else's money is the truth of it. Sad.

So not only directed at Neat, and indeed this comment may be unfair to them - it might have just been bad timing. But it just happens far too often for there not to be some truth behind what I am saying.

I'm Martin.

You're right Justin, you see it all the time. I'd love to have a doss-around job touring hotel venues demoing hi-fi equipment. These people want a right kick up the arse.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Brian.

Agreed . Shame though , they look quite interesting ( to me anyway ) Great photos again Justin
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think using the name is a deliberate marketing decision, much like Shiit. This is expensive high end kit (£10K for some rinky-dink little 2-way standmounters!) so the target market (yourself excepted) is not the sort of people who would be put off by the name. It has got us all talking about it, after all.
    They're good standmounts, Martin, but I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole at the price. A no bass £10K speaker has no useful function as far as I am concerned.

I love the way you can add the $100,000 liquid cooled amp to your basket and presumably proceed like it was a grocery item. Has anyone ever done it one wonders? Hm.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Agreed . Shame though , they look quite interesting ( to me anyway ) Great photos again Justin
    Thanks Brian. Keep feeding me +ve vibes it does the ego a world of good

I'm Brian.

As someone who couldn't make the 800+ miles round trip I'm pleased that someone took the trouble to take some photos and vids ( again ) mate
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast