+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Antistatic ionizing air gun with its own high voltage generator?

  1. #11
    Join Date: May 2012

    Location: Dagenham Essex

    Posts: 8,052
    I'm I'mteachingmarcotheartofpishanto.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hmm. Maybe I should get one for the wife? Tell her it's a new type of hair drier.
    Music , fills the gaps between silence !

    TAT Sale post Leader " Marcos Mentor "

    Also a pishanto specialist confirmed by Head Daftee

    Real name " Allen " or "Zoomer Nut”, “Numpty Napper”.

    ±± KEEP IT REEL

  2. #12
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Norwich

    Posts: 729
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hmm. Maybe I should get one for the wife? Tell her it's a new type of hair drier.
    That's a shocking thing to say !

    My wife doesn't think I can mend the electric shower. Well, she's in for a shock !

    I sold my Zerostat gun after I realised I hadn't used it for years since I'd wet-vac. cleaned my records. The RCM is the best antistatic device, more, I think, by happenstance than by design.

    Talking about static electricity, a jumper I was given for Xmas kept crackling with static, so I took it back to the shop and exchanged it for another f.o.c.

    An air freshener I bought simply wouldn't work properly despite changing batteries. It simply didn't make scents.

    Boom boom !

  3. #13
    Join Date: Apr 2015

    Location: Central Virginia

    Posts: 1,194
    I'm Russell.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    I sold my Zerostat gun after I realised I hadn't used it for years since I'd wet-vac. cleaned my records. The RCM is the best antistatic device, more, I think, by happenstance than by design.

    boom !
    Happenstance maybe? Or perhaps by design of the cleaning fluids? Some record washes fight static better than others.

    Russell

  4. #14
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Norwich

    Posts: 729
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Happenstance maybe? Or perhaps by design of the cleaning fluids? Some record washes fight static better than others.

    Russell
    Maybe. I have no experience of brands but common or garden IPA mix banishes static if sleeved properly. As it's not a 'design', I'd call it happenstance.

  5. #15
    Join Date: Apr 2015

    Location: Central Virginia

    Posts: 1,194
    I'm Russell.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Maybe. I have no experience of brands but common or garden IPA mix banishes static if sleeved properly. As it's not a 'design', I'd call it happenstance.
    You are absolutely right, I’d say it is not by design. But I suspect the “wetting agent”, may be to blame? However it happens, I’m just glad it does! A good RCM has revolutionized my vinyl playback, and taken it to the next level.

    Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •