So, I placed an order last week for an Allo Digione board for my Raspberry Pi 2B. It arrived yesterday and after spending about an hour removing the HiFiBerry Digi+ board I was using and flashing the SD card with the latest Volumio I was ready to go.

Initial impressions are good. Straight off I can tell that detail and clarity have improved massively. Things popping out in songs which were barely or not audible before. The clarity is amazing, although on some recordings that are generally brighter sounding it can be a bit too ''clinical'' I think. What I also noticed is a bit of a slight lack of lower bass compared to the Digi+, although it could be that I'm now hearing the source recording more accurately and that the Digi+ was smearing the sound somewhat in that area. However, the bass now sounds super tight and clean, much easier to follow than before.

Still early days and while I don't generally believe in ''burn-in'' (although for some things it makes sense), I'll see how I get on over the coming weeks.

Will post updates on how I get on.