+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Allo Digione

I'm Grant.

never did find the bluetooth bit, but wifi is off as is hotspot
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

I’ve been having quite a bit of trouble with Moode. It keeps hanging, not playing nice with my phone as a controller, need to keep restarting it etc. Also a weird thing where visiting moode.local showed a “Spotify Active” popup all the time, even when it wasn’t...

So, I switched to the Allo GUI / DietPi image, which so far has been completely stable, and yes, it sounds identical... :P

The one thing I did have to do is activate the Allo DigiOne in the GUI settings.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Grant.

sounds odd.. never had much trouble with moode, just prefer volumio now. its rock solid and just works. only issue with volumio was one of the latest updates screwed with connections from the likes of audirvana, so i reset to original one, where i have just left it
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Default Allo Digione

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    sounds odd.. never had much trouble with moode, just prefer volumio now. its rock solid and just works. only issue with volumio was one of the latest updates screwed with connections from the likes of audirvana, so i reset to original one, where i have just left it
    The Allo DietPi build has been rock solid so far. Weeks in with no hanging or resets. Definitely more stable and responsive than Moode. Haven’t tried Volumio yet.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Ian.

Smile

Very interesting and informative thread. I'm thinking of going the Digione player route having never owned a streamer and until now used a laptop/foobar connected to a Rega Dac R to play flac files etc.
    I'm thinking that even if there isn't a significant improvement in sound quality it would still be nice to free up the laptop and remove it from the hifi chain.
    I've also looked at the Digione signature player but I think there could be an argument to say that it may be better to learn to walk before trying to run.

I'm Twisted.

I'd buy the best one you can afford...
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Grant.

the normal digione is very good, and probably all you will need. you can get a nice alloy case for it too at a cost. overall probably about £200
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ian.

Nicer looking & better stability?

I'm Grant.

Looks very professional and it's heavy enough to stay put
    Here is mine
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ian.

It looks good.
    I'm in France so Audiophonics looks the best bet for purchasing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast