+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale - CONRAD JOHNSON PRE & POWER amps

I'm Richard.

Default A Sale ...sort of

Hi guys, I don't know if I'm going about this this in the correct way so mods please advise.

A chap who wants to buy my Avalon Ascendant speakers needs to sell his amps first. He isn't a member of any forums so I offered to help out by making people aware of their avaiability. Here's how he described them;

"Of course if you are aware of anyone that would be interested in a Conrad Johnson Premier 16LS and a Conrad Johnson Premier 140 then please let me know. I have owned both from new (I need to dig out the paperwork), and they are in excellent condition. I would estimate the valves are somewhere between 2/3 and 1/2 of their life left. The power amp is currently fitted with KT120s. I’d be looking a £3,250 each or £6,000 for the pair, thats less than the original purchase price of either of the units. They were between £7k & £8k each. Auditions welcome here in Hampshire. They have had limited use in total and for approx 5 years of their life have been stored at a friends whilst I moved from place to place. I have the original boxes, although one is more than a little worse for wear unfortunately."

When he sends some photos then I will post on the forum in the classifieds if this is allowed.
    I don't know the guy personally but he has been very polite & respectfull in his emails to me so I have no reason to doubt his character. He lives between Southampton & Winchester.

Obviously I'm doing this to help with the sale of my speakers so I will try my best to answer any questions.
    If these hold any interest to any members I'd love to hear from you.

I'm Manny.

I have a Conrad Johnson Premier 140, so if anyone is looking for impartial feedback on its sonics then I'd be happy to help. Its rare to find any up for sale in the UK.

I'm Richard.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Some photos of the amplifiers folks.

I'm Richard.

image.jpgimage.jpg

And some more.

If you want to stick it in the classifieds Geoff, be my guest...... or helper really

I'm Richard.

Default For Sale - CONRAD JOHNSON PRE & POWER amps

A chap who wants to buy my Avalon Ascendant speakers needs to sell his amps first. He isn't a member of any forums so I offered to help out by making people aware of their avaiability. Here's how he described them;

"Of course if you are aware of anyone that would be interested in a Conrad Johnson Premier 16LS and a Conrad Johnson Premier 140 then please let me know. I have owned both from new (I need to dig out the paperwork), and they are in excellent condition. I would estimate the valves are somewhere between 2/3 and 1/2 of their life left. The power amp is currently fitted with KT120s. I’d be looking a £3,250 each or £6,000 for the pair, thats less than the original purchase price of either of the units. They were between £7k & £8k each. Auditions welcome here in Hampshire. They have had limited use in total and for approx 5 years of their life have been stored at a friends whilst I moved from place to place. I have the original boxes, although one is more than a little worse for wear unfortunately."

I don't know the guy personally but he has been very polite & respectfull in his emails to me so I have no reason to doubt his character. He lives between Southampton & Winchester.

Obviously I'm doing this to help with the sale of my speakers so I will try my best to answer any questions.
    If these hold any interest to any members I'd love to hear from you.

I'm Richard.

My goodness. What absolutely wonderful gear. End game stuff. What an opportunity. And with proper known history too....

+ Reply to Thread