Hi

I'm John and a newbie here.

My hifi history is a bit patchy and sketchy. I have always had a system but nothing too weird and wonderful. My first proper foray, I think, kicked off with a Sansui (not sure what!) then onto an Arcam Delta based system with a Rega deck (I still have that integrated amp and it remains good for it's vintage). I think I then had an Audiolab 3000 based set up. It was a while ago so if the chronology is wrong excuse me.

15 years ago I climbed on the Naim escalator and after many years of upgraditis I ended up with a Naim 300DR, 252, NDS, 555DR PS and Supercap DR.

I have also owned Wharfdale, JBL, Naim Ariva, Spendor D7 and Fact 8s speakers. The Spendors were great but I found the Fact 8s a bit aggressive in my system and room. I now own B&W 804 D3s.

I have recently made the decision to move on from Naim and explore pastures new.

I'm also an amateur musician with a modest home studio. I play guitar and keyboards and record, mix and generally mess around with covers and some home grown songs. My interest in music goes back many years. When I was a lad I was amazed by Hendrix and became fanatical about his life and music. Sadly I never saw him live. I have very broad musical tastes nowadays but have always kept up my interest in rock, progressive and slightly more esoteric rock. I'm also a fan of Zappa. Recently I have re-visited prog rock via Steven Wilson and other contemporary artists.

Over the years my musical tastes have broadened and I now enjoy anything and everything, provided it is well written, well played and well mixed.

Well that's me.