+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roksan Radius 5 vibrations

I'm Rich.

Default Roksan Radius 5 vibrations

Hi AOSers,

I have a Radius 5 wood version, I am really enjoying it, in fact i'm loving the sound of it, but there is a noticeable vibration issue, you can feel it when you touch any part of the deck or arm, so as a result pitch stability is pretty poor. I've got it sitting on a marble chopping board and under that are rubber isolation pods. I have a feeling it might be the belt, it's the round type rather than the flat belt, I can see how if it has a kink or twist in it that it could cause the platter to vibrate, but I can't be sure if it is twisted when I refit it.

Is this a known issue with this deck or am I doing something wrong?

It's got a Rega arm with a Tecnoweight, it's the most consistently enjoyable sounding deck I have owned so I would like to try to resolve it rather than sell it.

Cheers

Rich.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Grant.

Default Roksan Radius 5 vibrations

Try spinning platter with belt off. Will split the deck in two as it might've the bearing or belt side
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Belt I'd guess. As they age they stretch, more in some parts than others and can cause vibration due to uneven tension.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Try spinning platter with belt off. Will split the deck in two as it might've the bearing or belt side
    That's a very useful idea, why didn't I think of that

Cheers Grant.

Rich.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Belt I'd guess. As they age they stretch, more in some parts than others and can cause vibration due to uneven tension.
    I shall give Grant's Idea a try, then I'll pretty much know for sure.

Cheers Geoff

Rich.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Grant.

can also check motor without belt for vibrations, but its likely to be belt.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    can also check motor without belt for vibrations, but its likely to be belt.
    Well, it's not the belt, the vibrations are there when the belt is not attached, I noticed the motor makes an audible hum too.

You can feel the vibrations on the top shelf of the rack.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Jonathan.

Have you called Roksan? Their repair costs are not cheap but you could see if they are willing to offer any suggestions? I had the same TT, now my daughter has it (lucky girl) and it has been a great success.

I'm Grant.

I have read that the motor has been a weak point on older models. replacing motor seems to fix this. best i can help with
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

The vibration and speed issues may be separate.

I reviewed a Radius 5 mk2 for Hifi Pig a few years back and noted speed instability.
    A comment by a Radius 5 owner at the end of the review offers a fix for the speed variability.
    Well worth a look.

http://hifipig.com/roksan-radius-5-m...ver-cartridge/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast