+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly my biggest project yet - a Yamaha GT-2000 turntable

I'm paul.

I like the badge gigantic and tremendous
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Andrew.

It's not as bad as what it looks, I've restored worse. Deep breath, shirt sleeves rolled up, crack on. Adam, good luck.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Adam.

Quick update - shiny new lid has arrived, motor is being fettled today and the arm has arrived safely in johnnie7’s secret lair.

Most importantly, I’ve had word from the woodworking company that my brother-in-law took the plinth to - it is salvageable and is going into the workshop to be repaired next week!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Martin.

It's actually happening then. Very good. Looking forward to some piccies when it's done.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Most importantly, I’ve had word from the woodworking company that my brother-in-law took the plinth to - it is salvageable and is going into the workshop to be repaired next week!
    I thought somebody could fix that. Very good.

I'm Andrew.

Well done Adam, hats off.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Russell.

You have earned my respect! That is quite an undertaking, I think it would look awesome in rosewood, but glad you’re getting the plinth repaired, for the sake of preservation. Best of luck with it!

Russell

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Well done Adam, hats off.
    Well done Adam, for what? sending everything off for someone else to fix

No offence Adam, just joshing.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Andrew.

Sometimes it's better to know your limits than overestimate them. I've restored more decks than I care to remember. I've learned to get somebody in if your not sure about something.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Sometimes it's better to know your limits than overestimate them. I've restored more decks than I care to remember. I've learned to get somebody in if your not sure about something.
    So true, you can’t beat a man at his own game. You are the project manager, you see that the correct work gets done. There’s nothing wrong with exploiting the talents of a talented craftsman to complete your goals! I can’t wait to see it finished, a turntable is among just a few man made things that have an inherent beauty. Like guitars, motorcycles and sport cars.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast