+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Super Bowl 52

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Got it, mate. Have a few jobs to do now, so will come back to you on that later

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Okey dokey
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Coincidentally, that's also why I support Glasgow Celtic, because of the fast, attacking and ENTERTAINING football they play! Rarely are they boring to watch. I can't abide slow and boring defensive *anything* in sport.

I even hate football when it becomes too tactical and turns into a game of chess!! European and International football often gets like that now. YAWNSVILLE...

Can you see where I'm coming from now?

Marco.
    Yes, Yes, and Yes. You're talking my language here Marco. Every once in a blue moon I catch a soccer...oops, that's football to you all...game that's all about attacking. Now that's more like it! Otherwise I just can't sit through it all.

Tell me, do UK footballers do the wussy fake injury thing? Or is that just players from the, er, more southerly nations?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRNniHjUMvg

I think you would like ice hockey. It really is incredibly fast moving. The sheer speed, agility and split-second reaction time of these players is just remarkable. Hey, we've got the Olympics starting now, so a great opportunity to watch some good games. The teams to watch are Canada (Yay!), USA, Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic and Russia. The Swiss have been putting up a good fight in recent years, and keep getting better. The Swedes play a fast gritty game and aren't afraid to lay on some hits, big Viking lads that they are. Russia and Czech play with a lot of finesse. Canada will, naturally, win gold

And do watch some women's games, esp. when Canada plays the US -- that's an arch rivalry and is never dull. These two have dominated women's hockey, to the detriment of the sport, but other nations are slowly catching up so there's finally some competition. Can't say with confidence that Canada will win gold here, as the US has been very strong of late. That said, we always seem to pull it off in the final moments of the gold medal game. The quality of play in women's hockey really is first rate. Tremendous skill and athleticism.

As for American football, you are quite right that there's a lot of stop-start going on. The Wall Street Journal did a study a few ago that of the average game, lasting officially 60 minutes on the clock, there are in fact only 11 minutes of action. The rest is just standing around in a huddle, listening to the referees shouting, and generally doing not much of anything. More time is spent in TV broadcasts doing replays and commercials. Pretty pathetic. That said, a good game can be exciting to watch. It helps to understand the strategy. But knowing your need for constant action, this probably ain't the sport for you. Try hockey...

Cheers,
    Svend

I'm Svend.

So Marco...are you watching any Olympic hockey? Some great games on these days, men and women.

Canadian women played the US last night in a scrappy game, but SO FAST! 60 shots on net in total, both sides....that means a shot on net every minute of play, not counting those that missed the net. Constant action.

Check it out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123