+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale. - Pair of 6B4G mono blocks.

I'm Steve.

Default For Sale. - Pair of 6B4G mono blocks.

Up for sale are “those” ( as known on the Wigwam) 6B4G amps built by Guy Sargent and previously owned by Tom amongst others. I have had theses amps now for about 5 years, using successfully with my horns. I am now fully active, and as I don’t have room for 8 channels of tubes, they have been sat gathering dust. So I have decided to allow someone else to enjoy them. As you can see from the picture they aren’t a looker, but the rich midrange will make you forget about it’s looks. The previous owner, Tom, added the cherry wood surrounds to bling them up a bit. The amps will come with a number of spare tubes, currently they are using Russian power tubes, but I have USA ones it came with too. I am going to the Kegworth show (former Scalford) in March , so if anyones going I can bring them there, too fragile to post imho. I am sure I could convince Steve to connect them up to his speakers in place of his PX25’s for an audition. They can be auditioned at mine in Nottingham too, (only one channel not full range as I am active). I am selling them for the same price as I bought them.

They produce 8 watts and have multiple tappings on the output transformers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylnvalves View Post
    I am selling them for the same price as I bought them.
    How much would that be in pounds?

I'm Geoff.

You need to quote a price Steve.

I'm jamie.

at a guess id say £800
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Steve.

Sorry. - I forgot to quote the price Yes I would like £800 for them. I also forgot to mention I have spare valves as well which I will include. Will try and get some better pictures too.

montesquieu Guest

These were really fab and ran my Quad ESLs at the time superbly. Was daft to sell them, if I recall correctly I think I changed preamp to something that was a total gain monster, and there was a sensitivity mismatch, otherwise they would have stayed. Russ Collinson did the plinths and they look fantastic. These came from Guy's personal stash of interesting gear he's put together. I wish I had £800 going spare as I'd love a play with them again.

I'm Steve.

Additional pictures as promised.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread