+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Rothwell MCX SUT

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... Oh Oliver, if only it were a perfect world

Unfortunately it isn't, and so selling 'brand new' (yes I know it is, but in reality it's still second-hand) gear for brand new prices is a no-no, so it's no wonder no-one is biting.

Even though you've just paid 335 for your MCX, realistically you can't expect to get that back. I'd say the minimum you're going to have to take a hit on is 50, so 285, but as ever, something's only worth what folks are willing to pay for it.

Just sayin'

Marco.
    Marco, I'd rather keep it than lose on it. I bought it used for 335 (150 less than new) but it's as good as new in terms of condition.

I've put some home brew OCC copper cables on the end of it and things are very very good. What I thought was a mismatch with the carts synergy is actually just the need for a bit more capacitance from the cable, so I'm in no rush. End game is to fund a pair of Hashimoto HM-3 but the seller is happy to wait as long as it takes for this to sell. If it doesnt, I'll keep it and not think twice.

It really is very good and takes the piss out of the big brand SUTs.

In fact, I might just keep it anyway!!
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken & Tesla Valves)
    Digital: NONE
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 & Monarchy Audio SM-70 Class A Amplifier
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ah I see, soz - I thought you bought it new... Fair do's. However, a wee tip: never tell folks you're only looking to get back what you paid for something, because as noble a notion as that is, it rarely happens!

Yup, I don't doubt the efficacy of the MCX (as I told you I rated it). You have to remember that it's been designed by someone who knows what they're doing, so it's simply being 'honest'...

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ah I see, soz - I thought you bought it new... Fair do's. However, a wee tip: never tell folks you're only looking to get back what you paid for something, because as noble a notion as that is, it rarely happens!

Yup, I don't doubt the efficacy of the MCX (as I told you I rated it). You have to remember that it's been designed by someone who knows what they're doing, so it's simply being 'honest'...

Marco.
    Well, I'm usually too honest for my own good so no change there lol.

I'm cool either way, happy to own it, happy to sell it on. Bit of an odd situation I know but that's not unusual with me either

Yes, it's highly rated here too.
    Last edited by Bigman80; 09-02-2018 at 20:17.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken & Tesla Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable

I'm Oliver.

Bumpety

I'm Oliver.

Right,

This is now officially surplus to requirements as I've made the decision to get a JFET MC input fitted into the Wizard phonostage.

So 300 collected

310 delivered.

This will also be on eBay shortly.

I'm Oliver.

Bump

I'm Oliver.

300 delivered! Last drop. Absolutely mint and worth every penny.

I'm Oliver.

Might consider a swap for a DAC or RCM

I'm Oliver.

280 collected

290 delivered.

Weekend only price.

I'm David.

I'll have it at that price please. I've been sitting on the fence as whilst it will work well with a couple of my cartridges the others would be better with the MCL. I'll send a PM with my address if you could send me your bank details.

David Whistance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast