+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit birds

I'm Mike.

Apparently some of the "walk on girls" from the Darts world have started a petition against the ban: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-42851554

Good on 'em!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by perlogalism View Post
    Apparently some of the "walk on girls" from the Darts world have started a petition against the ban: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-42851554

Good on 'em!
    Well I ain't surprised, it must be good coin , I'd go skimpy for a few hundred quid! Not that anyone would want to see me
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

Not heard anybody complaining about male strippers for hen nights yet.

I'm Martin.

Erm Ive reached the point where Im finding it a bit tacky. If they put buff blokes on for the ladies I would also find that a bit tacky.

Do we need this at sporting events. What am I supposed to be doing?....whistling and shouting corr. Is that not demeaning for everybody involved?

Does it not just perpetuate this oggling behaviour, building site whistling and thinking of women as pieces of meat? Is it right to be using people in this way for cheap thrills?

I just feel we should have moved on from a page 3 or walk on girls mentality. Im bracing myself for the backlash
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 02-02-2018 at 10:00.

I'm James.

I like a cheap thrill!! As long as nobodys getting hurt i dont see a problem, is the whole modeling industry going to be closed down?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Spartacus.

Read the news and try to make the connection between how women are objectified, paid less for the same work, and abused. It's not as harmless as you'd like to think.
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Alan.

Unfortunately it is the bad apples in the barrel that spoil it for the rest of us.
    There is a beauty to the female form that has developed over millennia as part of the mating process.
    In a civilised society it is respect that controls the process, with a look being the first stage. Long may that continue.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Erm Ive reached the point where Im finding it a bit tacky. If they put buff blokes on for the ladies I would also find that a bit tacky.

Do we need this at sporting events. What am I supposed to be doing?....whistling and shouting corr. Is that not demeaning for everybody involved?

Does it not just perpetuate this oggling behavoiur, building site whistling and thinking of women as pieces of meat? Is it right to be using people in this way for cheap thrills?

I just feel we should have moved on from a page 3 or walk on girls mentality. Im bracing myself for the backlash
    I find it tacky too, BUT is is my right to stop people doing it if they want? I don't think so so I just dont watch or go. nothing wrong with pretty women showing off their shape a bit,
    ... Its usually the less pretty that kick up for some reason... dont get me wrong, I like a nice looking lady myself. but Im just not that interested these days.... prefer a nice amp
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

I think you need to consider the lead up to a girl getting a job like that and what that implies in the interview/casting couch/talent spotting stage.

This is hot off the Weinstein case and everyone must be seen to clean up their act or else, and personally I do think it's a good call to stop it.

While The Sun remains the most powerful opinion maker in the UK, we need to do everything we can to limit it's power on the men who do wolf-whistle and grope women when they've had a few and if that means PC gone mad then I can live with that. Imagine it was your daughter who was in the office with the bloke on the first rung of the ladder ??

Besides all of that, it is incredibly tacky.
    Like watching "Love Thy Neighbour" and laughing tacky.
    Like builders shouting "Get 'em out love !" tacky.
    Like thinking being gay is wrong tacky.
    Like being racist tacky.
    Like being sexist tacky.
    Like thinking it's okay that men and women don't get paid the same rate for doing the same job tacky.

We're better than that as a society aren't we ??

Having said all that, I think what Catherine Deneuve said last week was bang on : she's flirted to get roles, used her womanly charms, smiled and laughed at the right times, etc .. women aren't naive. I spoke to my sister - a strong career woman earning far more than her husband - and asked her if she had a blow-out on the motorway would she roll up her sleeves and change the wheel or stand there looking helpless for a minute or two hoping a nice man would stop to help her out. She agreed and said "I can turn it on when I need to".
    I've flirted and charmed my way into - and out of - situations. I've definitely got jobs by using my charisma and saying things I probably shouldn't have.
    You use what tools you have available. But there's a difference between you using them and you being coerced - however subtly - into feeling you have to use them.

It's a fine line but this sends out the right message at the right time.
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Grant.

i would have liked to see someone coerce my mum. they would have got a slap. yet she was once a chorus girl on stage showing off her body while dancing during the war and before... how shocking and disgusting eh? sorry but these gals know full well what they are doing.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast