+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Abyss

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    it was a major trial for all involved in it. they all had to become certified divers and a few, especially harris and Mastrantonio were left mentally scarred by the experience. none worked with cameron again or really talked about it. Actors all did their own stunts too
    I was left mentally scarred by the awful Hollywood ending of the film. If it had ended with the scene of Ed Harris being carried away as his oxygen ran out, it would have been the perfect film for me.
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    I was left mentally scarred by the awful Hollywood ending of the film. If it had ended with the scene of Ed Harris being carried away as his oxygen ran out, it would have been the perfect film for me.
    lol... his oxygen actually did run out and there was a cockup getting air to him... resulted in a mental breakdown for harris and punch in face for cameron
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    lol... his oxygen actually did run out and there was a cockup getting air to him... resulted in a mental breakdown for harris and punch in face for cameron
    Re: punch in the face for Cameron - at least some good came of it then! (I like Ed Harris)
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm tony.

sorry about the spelling....what a braw lass and fine actor!!!

I would have waited in a line up to give her cpr..........

I'm Clive.

Watched a 4K version on Netflix a couple of months back but sadly it was the original short version. No HDR either
    SOURCE:Cyrus Phono Signature+PSX-R2,Cyrus StreamX Signature,OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/Achromat/MN Bearing/Isonoes with Boots/Origin Live Encounter Mk3A/Ortofon Cadenza Black or Hana SL or AT33PTG/II
    DAC: Chord Qutest, Chord Mojo/Poly
    AMPLIFIER:Bryston BP17-3 Pre & Bryston 4B3 Power
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7.
    HEADPHONES OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W C5 v2
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker - Chord Signature. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x2, Atlas Mavros Ultra, Chord Indigo Plus XLR.
    Digital: Atlas Mavros Ultra x2 Chord Optichord.
    Mains: Chord Power Chord x3, Homemade SupraLoRad 1.5/MK/Wattgate x3, IsoTek Orion 6 way, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Grant.

There isnt a 4k version as such yet. Dont think the bluray has been done yet. Probably an upscaled version
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12