PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT WORKING. DO NOT PLUG IT INTO YOUR SPEAKERS UNTIL MENDED!!

Nice old Sony receiver that if working, I believe are well thought of. Lovely build quality - the internals of the switches are beautifully engineered etc.

It worked briefly when I first plugged it in but now only emits a series of worrying cracks, pops etc.

I have removed the internal fuses to use in something else but it is otherwise complete.

Sadly, I don't have the skills to repair it and I don't think it would be economically viable to get someone else to do it for me. Much too nice a thing to go to the tip though.
Cosmetically, the front panel is very good. The top is a bit tatty but looking at google, there seems to have been an optional wooden sleeve you could get (this one doesn't have it).

So if it's any use to you, come and pick it up from just outside Bicester (M40, J9) - sooner the better. If you fancy bringing me a cheap bottle of wine to soften the pain of what I bought it for (it was working then!), so much the better but it's entirely discretionary. I'm just trying to save it from scrap.

Pictures: