+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toshiba SR-370 project

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Good work so far Ian

Not keen on the new single foot though

Quality mate
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Quality mate
    Right up my street
    Sony STR 6055 Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 Zu omen

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons Najda dsp as dac Akai AM-U02 Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable
    SAE1000LT leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck and full range drivers in free air

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Ian.

That's the top veneered and the cut outs done. Unfortunately the control pot holes didn't take the veneer well but I've got an idea to clean them up. Next job is lots of sanding, first couple of coats of lacquer, decals and then more lacquer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm Oliver.

That's the top veneered and the cut outs done. Unfortunately the control pot holes didn't take the veneer well but I've got an idea to clean them up. Next job is lots of sanding, first couple of coats of lacquer, decals and then more lacquer.

Looking good mate. Great work
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken & Tesla Valves)
    Digital: NONE
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 & Monarchy Audio SM-70 Class A Amplifier
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm Ian.

Cheers Olly, really enjoying doing it. Loads of veneer left over so I'll be looking for another project later.

I'm Oliver.

Cheers Olly, really enjoying doing it. Loads of veneer left over so I'll be looking for another project later.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK5 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken & Tesla Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable

I'm Ian.

A little preview, 5 coats of varnish applied and just waiting for the decal printer paper to arrive. Once they are done it's more varnish and then put it all back together.

I'm Oliver.

Looks good mate, from what I can see anyway!

I'm Ian.

I'm rather annoyed with me at the moment. I ordered some water slide printer paper to make the decals for the turntable, printed them off, trimmed them, put them in the water all ready to apply and all the sodding ink just washed off. After much swearing I discovered the paper I ordered was for a laser printer not inkjet grrrrr. Note to self, READ THE BLOODY DETAILS PROPERLY YOU IDIOT!!!.

I'm Oliver.

I'm rather annoyed with me at the moment. I ordered some water slide printer paper to make the decals for the turntable, printed them off, trimmed them, put them in the water all ready to apply and all the sodding ink just washed off. After much swearing I discovered the paper I ordered was for a laser printer not inkjet grrrrr. Note to self, READ THE BLOODY DETAILS PROPERLY YOU IDIOT!!!.
    Oops

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast