+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Toshiba SR-370 project

I'm Robert.

My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    The plinth is actually made from some sort of composite resin. I got the plinth from Oliver ( Bigman80 ), it had some cosmetic damage so there was nothing to loose really. I'm glad you like the Olive wood Russell, the photos don't really do it justice, it's got a real depth to it. When it's finished I'll take some decent photos. I'm going to put my Mission 774 arm on it with the Ortofon Quintet black, they work very well with the Toshiba.
    That Ortofon Quintet Black is a cartridge I am very interested in! I’ll be glad to here your impressions once it’s up and running.

Russell

I'm Ian.

The make over of the 370 is now finished and I'm very happy with it. I'm still having problems with the wiring, I thought I could use my other 370 as a pattern but there a few differences, maybe down to the age of the donor deck or it might have been made for a different market. Once that is sorted out I'll fit the arm and cartridge but until then it's a nice ornament lol.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

Bigman80 Guest

You've done a cracking job there mate. Looks like new. Well done.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    You've done a cracking job there mate. Looks like new. Well done.
    Thanks Oliver, it's been very enjoyable. It's bloody frustrating about the electrics, I'm not very confident working on them, if I can't sort it then I'll take it to someone who understands these things. Better that than me buggering it up all together.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

Bigman80 Guest

Thanks Oliver, it's been very enjoyable. It's bloody frustrating about the electrics, I'm not very confident working on them, if I can't sort it then I'll take it to someone who understands these things. Better that than me buggering it up all together.
    What wire is causing the issue mate

I'm Ian.

During stripping the old 355 down 3 of the wires came away from somewhere in loom. I can't see any obvious points where they came from and the 355 has a voltage selector and an extra fuse which has come adrift. They are quite thick wires so I would think they are from the mains side before the transformer.
    Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

Bigman80 Guest

During stripping the old 355 down 3 of the wires came away from somewhere in loom. I can't see any obvious points where they came from and the 355 has a voltage selector and an extra fuse which has come adrift. They are quite thick wires so I would think they are from the mains side before the transformer.
    355 & 370 are wired differently? How odd.

From memory alone I can't help. Sorry mate. Your other 370 should be the same.

I'm Ian.

That's what I thought but they are different. I'll get on with it when I'm in the mood. I did manage to save the mega rare Toshiba arm rest and as you know the 370 sadly lacked one, now much safer for the stylus lol
    Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

I'm James.

Looks fabulous. Interesting quite a few companies are now covering their plinths in wood effect including VPI.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast