+ Reply to Thread

Thread: laptop music server advice

I'm gerald.

Default laptop music server advice

I have a old laptop that does not have a operating system on it i did find a opensource program that you load on to a usb then plug the laptop it into your router.
    For the life of me I have lost the link the importtant part as far as I can remember was the usb was the operating system and you can control it with a phone ,tablet or a laptop .
    So does anyone have any idea or links to where i can get someting that will do this please ?

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    I have a old laptop that does not have a operating system on it i did find a opensource program that you load on to a usb then plug the laptop it into your router.
    For the life of me I have lost the link the importtant part as far as I can remember was the usb was the operating system and you can control it with a phone ,tablet or a laptop .
    So does anyone have any idea or links to where i can get someting that will do this please ?
    Perhaps Daphile?

https://www.daphile.com/

But there are various linux based distros that will will do what I think you have in mind.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Rob.

I'd suggest Kodi as an option. It's usually associated with TV applications, but works well for any multimedia
    Rob.