+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On my way to work

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You back working in Narnia again then Jim?
    Just visiting the Ice Queen.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Timothy.

Beware of the Turkish Delight....
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Beware of the Turkish Delight....
    Hi Tim, how's it going?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Phil.

very nice , i am guessing bromsgrove ?? or nearabouts
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    very nice , i am guessing bromsgrove ?? or nearabouts
    Shropshire / Staffordshire border near Market Drayton.

I'm Timothy.

Jimbo, doing okay, still enjoying the Crofts very much! Hope all is well with you!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm James.

Jimbo, doing okay, still enjoying the Crofts very much! Hope all is well with you!
    Good here thanks.

Are you still using the 2 Croft power Amps as mono and if so what differences did you hear?

I'm Timothy.

Jim, right now I am down to one Series 7 driving my Larsen speakers. It was only due to me having to move some things around and I will maybe go back to the pair. I like what it brings to the table, but have to say, it is very subtle, at least on the Larsen's. There is a bit more drive and clarity it seems though, vocals just a bit more easy and as a whole, easier to follow along with. To me, it isn't quite as pronounced of a difference when I do the same with my Naim NAP-100 amps. Of course that is in an all-Naim source/pre setup with the Larsen. So obviously there are sonic differences in the Naim source, Croft pre and dual amps.

I am really thinking about trading/selling one of the Series 7 and my Micro 25 pre for a Micro 25R, I think that is where the bigger sonic difference may come. Shame I am across the pond or I would just have Glenn fettle my current Micro 25, but by the time I pay shipping both ways and the modification pricing, I doubt it will be cost effective. Anyway, love the Crofts, just good listening. Cannot complain on the Naim's either for that matter!

Tim

I'm James.

Jim, right now I am down to one Series 7 driving my Larsen speakers. It was only due to me having to move some things around and I will maybe go back to the pair. I like what it brings to the table, but have to say, it is very subtle, at least on the Larsen's. There is a bit more drive and clarity it seems though, vocals just a bit more easy and as a whole, easier to follow along with. To me, it isn't quite as pronounced of a difference when I do the same with my Naim NAP-100 amps. Of course that is in an all-Naim source/pre setup with the Larsen. So obviously there are sonic differences in the Naim source, Croft pre and dual amps.

I am really thinking about trading/selling one of the Series 7 and my Micro 25 pre for a Micro 25R, I think that is where the bigger sonic difference may come. Shame I am across the pond or I would just have Glenn fettle my current Micro 25, but by the time I pay shipping both ways and the modification pricing, I doubt it will be cost effective. Anyway, love the Crofts, just good listening. Cannot complain on the Naim's either for that matter!

Tim
    You have come to the same reasoning as myself as I now run just one Series 7 with a Micro 25R. The 25R I run is a bit special as I have the line stage from the RS which takes a 12BH7a tube. It sounds really open, transparent and dynamic and is very true to the source material. I only play vinyl but rather better line stage probably benefits digital as well.

I am considering a Croft 7R amp instead of 2x7 mono. I feel this will be a better upgrade to my system, giving more grip on the speakers and more control over all. It's an itch I think I will have to scratch!

Good to see you still enjoying the Crofts.

I'm Timothy.

Yes, the Crofts are quite special to my ears! I love the simplicity of them too. No fuss, just gets along with the music. I will have to see on the “R” units, I am enjoying what I have so much that I may just stay here with the standard models. If I do anything though, the preamp will go to an “R”. I have also been considering vinyl again fairly heavy, in which the “R” would probably be a good step forward as well. Time will tell!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast