+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Electrostatic/Planar Speakers

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    I was thinking of 50 mm thick slabs of marble to keep my F5 look and a sturdy brace hi up 3/4 way on the sides
    The fitted feet are a bit wobbly IMO
    Yes, the fitted feet are not ideal. However, on the plinths I have made, a simple cross bar behind the speakers and bolted to the plinth applies pressure to the t-bar and forms a secure bond. The plinth design also means that you can mount each monoblock directly under the speakers (size permitting).

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

A pic of your home made plinths would be super when you have the time Geoff...

I can imagine that the original brackets with the 'lean' are not all that secure as the speakers are soo huge..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    A pic of your home made plinths would be super when you have the time Geoff...

I can imagine that the original brackets with the 'lean' are not all that secure as the speakers are soo huge..
    The originals will be fine if secured to a massy plinth. The problem is that they are not stable if on carpets, and not easy to level on flat floors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    The originals will be fine if secured to a massy plinth. The problem is that they are not stable if on carpets, and not easy to level on flat floors.
    That was the idea we had Geoff, to secure original 'type' metal brackets to some sort of solid plinth

Do you think having Maggies at 90 degrees is ok or do they really need their 'lean' ?
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

That was the idea we had Geoff, to secure original 'type' metal brackets to some sort of solid plinth

Do you think having Maggies at 90 degrees is ok or do they really need their 'lean' ?
    The larger Maggies have t-brackets so are at 90 degrees. I think the plinth arrangement is fine for your speakers either way.

The larger Maggies have t-brackets so are at 90 degrees. I think the plinth arrangement is fine for your speakers either way.
    Super thanks Geoff for your help... Colin can now get on and build something suitable..
    Bev

I am so very impressed with my Maggies..

To be honest they are like nothing else I've listened to over the years, speaker wise

They are at pretty low levels at the moment, even though I know my neighbour is away tonight, and they sound so good

I predict they will be one of my better hifi purchases..
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

I am so very impressed with my Maggies..

To be honest they are like nothing else I've listened to over the years, speaker wise

They are at pretty low levels at the moment, even though I know my neighbour is away tonight, and they sound so good

I predict they will be one of my better hifi purchases..
    Welcome to the cult!

Welcome to the cult!
    Indeed Geoff
    Bev

I'm Dennis.

I'm intrigued, haven't heard them for a long time, or come to that, the Scintillas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast