+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Head Amp

I'm Alan.

Default New Head Amp

Just trying a new head amp with modern tech. Works rather well, really transparent.

Sent from my 9008X using Tapatalk
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Paul.

Nice, I had it in my head that head amps were a bit second rate compared to SUTs. No idea where I got that from and I was very surprised by my “stop gap” amp.
    ~Paul~

Bigman80 Guest

That looks tiny

I can't wait to try it!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    Nice, I had it in my head that head amps were a bit second rate compared to SUTs. No idea where I got that from and I was very surprised by my “stop gap” amp.
    The best head amps are frankly stunning. What was your 'stop gap'?

I'm Paul.

The stop gap is unlikely to leave now, its the Leach based common base head amps I knocked up just to test the valve phono stage I have. Have a alu case coming at some point and will rehouse the head amp and make it all decent like.
    ~Paul~

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    The stop gap is unlikely to leave now, its the Leach based common base head amps I knocked up just to test the valve phono stage I have. Have a alu case coming at some point and will rehouse the head amp and make it all decent like.
    The Leach common base headamp design is very good: comprising a very simple circuit, and by virtue of its design, avoids common power supplies.

It's a nonsense to say SUTs are necessarily better than head amps, or vice versa. They both have their respective advantages and disadvantages.
    Barry

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

It's a nonsense to say SUTs are necessarily better than head amps, or vice versa. They both have their respective advantages and disadvantages.
    Yeah, it was one of those things that crept into my mind when I wasn't looking. Funny how that happens.
    ~Paul~

+ Reply to Thread