+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Heybrook TT2 info thread.

I'm Shane.

No idea what that white stuff is. Looks like chewing gum?

It looks like this has been happening for a while because of the score marks on the motor shaft, so one has to wonder how worn the pulley bore is.

I’d suggest getting both scrupulously clean first, then seeing exactly how loose the pulley is on the shaft. If it’s a sliding fit but not sloppy and wobbly, then put a couple of drops of Loktite 648 in the pulley bore, fit it and leave for 24 hours. Make sure it stays out of the motor bearings! (You could use superglue but you run the risk of it setting before you’ve got the pulley in the correct position.)

If the pulley is so worn that it wobbles let me know and I’ll dig out my spare one.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Surayne.

Thanks Shane. The odd bit is actually metal - the photo has a lot of glare from flash I think. It may be that someone attempted a repair previously.

As the motor shaft is worn is it worth considering replacing the motor altogether?

I'm Shane.

It’s really quite hard to imagine what’s happened here. If the white stuff is metal and there was room for it between the pulley and the shaft, then presumably the pulley is unusable.

i just checked in my box of bits in the shed, and the spare pulley I remembered being there (haven’t looked in there for years) is firmly attached to an unused motor.

If by chance your pulley is still a decent sliding fit on the motor shaft try the superglue trick, you’ve nothing to lose. If that doesn’t work, then we can come to an arrangement with my spare motor and pulley.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456