+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Strong STRONG reccommendation for this HDMI cable...genuine Stepchange better.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cheers, mate. I'll check it out

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Tom.

Any of this apply to USB cables? I need long ones.

Don't have HDMI cos I don't have a TV or any video-related stuff.
    Main: Speakers 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys / custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Pre EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII + Ikeda IT345-CR1 / Ikeda IT-407 tonearms; Cartridges Stereo - Miyajima Madake, Ortofon SPU Royal N, Ikeda 9C III, SAEC/Excel C3; Mono - Miyajimas - Zero 0.7, Premium 1.0, Sonovox MC-4 1.0, Edison '78' 4.0 conical, and Shure M44 strapped for mono with several Expert Stylus conicals for different eras of 78s; Phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78, switchable in from tape loop; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport, heavily modded AN Kit DAC + Mutec MC3+USB.

Study: Speakers - Tannoy DC6; Amp: Pass Aleph 'Mini'; preamp - Firebottle custom; Vinyl: Garrard 401 with AT1503 tonearm and vintage Ortofon SL-15e with matching Ortofon 2-15k SUT; Phono Stage: Firebottle Plus; Digital - Trichord Genesis III CDP + Arcam rBlink; Schiit Multibit DAC.

I'm Grant.

If u go over 5 metres then get a repeater cable. I use a 10 metre one and it works great
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Grant.

Default Strong STRONG reccommendation for this HDMI cable...genuine Stepchange better.

Mine from Amazon USA. (Monoprice active hdmi) came. Installed and think its a deffo improvement. Have file of battleship via Amazon prime is very nice as is the audio extracted from the hdmi and bluetoothed to my Dac and headphones.

£20 all in so not disastrous
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Jerry.

Despite saying I would wait, the £10 Redmere cable from Cabledepot was too much of a temptation and I bought one.
    I normally use the tuner inside my TV but if I need to record I switch to the Talktalk set top box. The picture was decidedly inferior when the set top box was used but the Redmere cable makes a considerable difference on HD.
    A surprising and good result. Well done to Gaz and Geoff.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Croft Series 7 power amp and a Standac. Squeezebox Touch
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Despite saying I would wait, the £10 Redmere cable from Cabledepot was too much of a temptation and I bought one.
    I normally use the tuner inside my TV but if I need to record I switch to the Talktalk set top box. The picture was decidedly inferior when the set top box was used but the Redmere cable makes a considerable difference on HD.
    A surprising and good result. Well done to Gaz and Geoff.
    Redmere clearly improves on HD performance. However, I think the biggest difference for me was with HDR performance. Colours were better differentiated.

Geoiff

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Redmere clearly improves on HD performance. However, I think the biggest difference for me was with HDR performance. Colours were better differentiated.

Geoiff
    Hi Geoff, have you had it running with 4K HDR?
    Cheers, Will

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    Hi Geoff, have you had it running with 4K HDR?
    I am using mine with a 32" 4k AOC pc monitor and the performance is excellent. I do a lot of writing and spreadsheet work. On this monitor I can have 3 a4 pages side by side even larger than the original a4 pages, or an a4 page side by side with a large spreadsheet. Even though the fonts are tiny, they are so clear. The new cable has added clarity to the mix.

I haven't yet switched to a 4k tv, but my friend bought one of these cables for his 55" 4k tv. Big overall improvement with better colour saturation.

Geoff

Geoff

I'm Richard.

I run an old Panasonic 50” plasma - with rpi2 OSMC/Kodi as a source high quality HD media sometimes gave red dots on any input except the first (and even then during busy scenes they sometimes appeared over the blacks) - I ordered 2 redmere cables off Aliexpress at US$10 each delivered on the back of this thread. Thanks - problem solved for Kodi

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Great to see others getting the benefit from these cables.
    Happy 'bout dat.
    have hifi n stuff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast