+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surprisingly good Tandberg amplification

I'm Kai.

Tandberg made quite high quality stuff. Tandberg "Studio Monitor" is a somewhat legendary speaker in these parts of the world and the last time I saw a pair on auction they went for over 1000 euros. I have no idea if this is because of the Tandberg freaks (the brand in general seems to draw collectors) or sound, or both. Of course it might also be people collect that stuff because it sounds so damn good

Out of curiosity I checked out the service manual for that preamp and it has some pretty impressive specs for a fully discrete MC-phono especially at the time + it has two separate phono preamplifiers, one for MM-carts and the other for MC - obviosly that's not how you do it if you want to be sensible and save money.

I'm Dan.

I am collecting a Tandberg TR 1010 for the collection tomorrow too cheap not too...

1975 - £199 New....
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Dan.

TR 1010 Here has not been used since 1982 but seems to be working well...Sounds very decent will be restored in time going back to collect the Sony PS 11 turntable later on next week...
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Nial.

Quote Originally Posted by helma View Post
    Tandberg made quite high quality stuff. Tandberg "Studio Monitor" is a somewhat legendary speaker in these parts of the world and the last time I saw a pair on auction they went for over 1000 euros. I have no idea if this is because of the Tandberg freaks (the brand in general seems to draw collectors) or sound, or both. Of course it might also be people collect that stuff because it sounds so damn good

Out of curiosity I checked out the service manual for that preamp and it has some pretty impressive specs for a fully discrete MC-phono especially at the time + it has two separate phono preamplifiers, one for MM-carts and the other for MC - obviosly that's not how you do it if you want to be sensible and save money.
    I have a friend in South Wales with a pair of the monitors - they sound excellent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12