+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Mains power leads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Russell.

I’ve replaced a few power cables in my system and I do believe they are making a difference. But, as said by others, it’s not night and day. I have not tried several high dollar cables, just cables that are better than stock, even one I made myself from Furutech wire I bought from eBay, and Wattgate plugs. Do I hear a difference? I think so, but if I had never heard the difference I don’t think it would hurt my feelings. I was already pretty happy with the sound. But! I’ve got a brand new cable for my amp that I have not introduced yet. I bought it when I bought the amp, it has a 20 amp socket and I did not know if the previous owner had the power cord or not. But when I got the amp it has the stock Krell power cord so I used it. And I have no problem with how it sounds now! But, I’m waiting on some new interconnects, some balanced cables from pre to amp, and I figure I’ll swap them all at the same time, no sense in moving all that heavy stuff but once. (I will listen after each change so I’ll know who is to blame for any improvements) The homemade cord is now powering my CD player, again, I feel it has made a difference, but I can’t testify that it’s smoothing the tops, or adding bass, it’s just a bit more right.

If you’re going to spend big money on nice gear, no sense in not trying to get your best from it. But do you need to spend thousands? I can’t see how they can justify those prices, the materials don’t add up. It’s just as likely that a 300 dollar cable will work for you as a 3000 dollar one, throwing money at a problem doesn’t guarantee a solution.

Russell

I'm rupert.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    ...... throwing money at a problem doesn’t guarantee a solution ....

Russell
    One of the best quotes I have read recently :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011