+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Trio L-07d - anyone use one?

I'm Josie.

Default The Trio L-07d - anyone use one?

Hi all.

Today I went to my friends house as he's just taken delivery of a monster of a turntable.

Its a Trio L-07d and I have to say I was very impressed.

The sound was magnificent.

Does anyone own one of these or does anyone have any experience with owning one?

Its a very interesting 'machine' as doesn't seem right to call it a turntable somehow... It's a beast.

Sent from my BBC Microcomputer 32K
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 26-08-2019 at 20:24.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Charlie.

Stunning dream Jap TT from the early 80s. Derided by some in the UK HiFi press at the time in favour of a Scottish TT. Think of it as a fully worked up SP10 on anabolic steroids. This was a serious broadcast quality TT, every bit as good as the legendary EMT turntables
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Mike.

There was one for sale on Freeads for the last couple of months, I was tempted but as usual too far away for collection and the advert/communication was a bit dubious, I've no doubt it was genuine but a couple of things put me off.

It might be the same one that your friend bought.

I'm Josie.

Thanks guys. He bought it from a dealer in Germany. Cost him crazy money though. Apparently its very heavy.

Thanks, Tom. I've never heard an EMT before so if that's anything to go by then EMTs are pretty amazing too.. Saying that they cost a fortune.

Jo

Sent from my BBC Microcomputer 32K
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Wayne.

Fantastic legendary deck. Would love one if space allowed.

I'm Adam.

Default The Trio L-07d - anyone use one?

Always fancied trying one but was told by someone in the know that the Sony TTS-8000 I had just sold him was far better.

Still feel the need to check this out for myself, however, although I think there might be a limit to how many high end Jap DDs I’m allowed. Certainly I’m already struggling in space terms, if nothing else!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Paul.

One of my top 3 t/tables that I would love to own. Would like to know what arm was with it and any pics if possible.
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm Gerard.

I have one. Probably the best complete TT (I mean TT and factory arm combo) I heard. The P3A from Exclusive was said to better it, but I've not heard one.
    It likes certain cartridges, not suited to all. The Hana SL/ML work very well, so does the Shelter 501. You can mount 2 arms (I do) and that is a real bonus.
    I remember seeing it for the first time in 1980 and just thinking....one day! It was about a grand then, the ...dek was about a third of the price and not a patch on it.
    Regards
    Gerry

+ Reply to Thread