Afternoon All, this is more of a; can you give me your stoke of genius, than one I am offering myself so hopefully I'm in the right?

I live in a 1st floor flat and I own a pair of hefty Klipsch KG4.5's. If you're not aware of these speakers they are floorstanders with a 10" woofer and they produce deep bass when the music calls for it. Each enclosure sits on four flat bottomed stumpy wooden feet with no spikes and are sitting directly onto an underlayed carpet which in turn sits on a concrete floor.

Most of the time I listen at reasonable levels and I'm happy with the sound they produce but there are times (and there are always times) when I really want to hear what my system is capable of. At these times I worry for my downstairs neighbours

Will raising the speakers off the floor either on spikes or a stone plinth help with dampening the bass transfer to my floor / their ceiling or is the whole room acting as a boom box. If doing this also tightens the bass up as a consequence then that would also be an added bonus.