+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And now, the end is near...

I'm Shaun.

Default And now, the end is near...

HiFi Jan 2018 by Shaun Haselden, on Flickr

January 2018 and I think that the end is nigh...! I don't feel there is anywhere else left to go.

I'll maybe see how I feel later in the year and whether or not I feel the need for another change. Please ignore the TV. I don't count that as 'real' entertainment.
    I do not put the TV audio through the Hi-Fi. Some things should never be done

I'm brian.

Are you ready to face the final curtain
    Are you clear
    Have you stated your case.
    are you certain.
    Have you lived a life that's full
    Have you traveled each and every highway
    there might be more than this, who knows
    But if you want, do it your own way.

I'm Andrew.

Looks a good place to stop man.

Lets see how you get on with the cold turkey, when will the withdrawal symptoms hit?

Myself I'm almost there too and can't quite believe it. At last to be able to concentrate on my R53 and my wife.

I'm Grant.

been finished for a while... although necessity was mother, tbh i am happy with the sounds anyway.

just enjoy the tunes Shaun. thats really why you started it all
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brian.

What a nice system , and a great place to be Shaun
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Shaun.

Well thank you everso much for your comments you guys. I was here a long time ago Hi-Fi wise but then the shit hit the fan and I sold the whole lot. It is really nice to be back where I belong. The only thing I long for now is a power amp or integrated that has a bit of power but is class A like a Sugden. It could happen next year but I doubt it. Life has so many more important things to take care of.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    just enjoy the tunes Shaun. thats really why you started it all
    Yes Grant, of course it is. So much music out there.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by take5 View Post
    Are you ready to face the final curtain
    Are you clear
    Have you stated your case.
    are you certain.
    Have you lived a life that's full
    Have you traveled each and every highway
    there might be more than this, who knows
    But if you want, do it your own way.

Brilliant !

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post

HiFi Jan 2018 by Shaun Haselden, on Flickr

January 2018 and I think that the end is nigh...! I don't feel there is anywhere else left to go.

I'll maybe see how I feel later in the year and whether or not I feel the need for another change. Please ignore the TV. I don't count that as 'real' entertainment.
    I do not put the TV audio through the Hi-Fi. Some things should never be done
    Looks great. Those B&W look about right for the room size. I really like them, nearly got some myself, think they were the next bigger model up from yours, but then dropped on the JM Labs which are the same basic idea.

But you really should run your telly through the hi-fi. Optical out from telly to the DAC - will cost you a tenner. Those flat screen tellys have the worst sound of anything that makes sound.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

montesquieu Guest

The trouble with being finished with the main system (as I am, barring a bit of tinkering) is the urge to go off and start playing with second systems (or third, or ...)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast